Monday, April 17, 2017

The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square

​From: Dwight Burford
dpburford@all4liberty.net

The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square


For safety reasons when traveling abroad, I pay attention to the local news and the different sights and sounds around me. Interestingly enough, watching the video linked below brought back some of the sights and sounds I experienced while in the UK late last year and earlier this year. Some of these sounds were incidental to the backdrop of this dramatization of the passion of Jesus Christ.

​Full Play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ9rlp6LtF8

​Clips of the Play​
https://www.wintershall-estate.com/events/the-passion-of-jesus/

While it is a bit long, I hope you can take some time to watch at least a portion of the play, which reportedly took place this weekend on the streets of London. It somehow tied the past to the present for me and I hope it will do the same for you as well.
I say this in part because while I was in the UK, I felt a certain spiritual deadness in many of the places I visited, and I came away with doubts that many of the Brits still believe in the resurrection. So this dramatization seemed to bring some hope to me notwithstanding that some of the doctrine is not consistent with the restored gospel. Nevertheless, since the production was rather well done, I thought it worth sharing with you all for some encouragement and inspiration.

God's blessings,
Dwight B.



No comments:

Post a Comment