Tuesday, November 7, 2023

ZIONWORKS NEWS for OCTOBER 31ST, 2023

ZIONWORKS NEWS for OCTOBER 31ST, 2023

THANKSGIVING MENU: THAT WHICH WILL BRING ETERNAL LIFE

Shortly after hitting the sack a couple nights ago, I could see and almost taste the Thanksgiving meal and sense the warmth of gathering with family and friends. I asked God what I should really be looking for, and the answer I got was “Thanksgiving menu: That which will bring eternal life”. Now, I must think prayerfully for what that means. Is it simple and obvious, or profound beyond my present mental and spiritual state? I would think that, like longing for a satisfying meal and happy company, our hearts and souls long for eternal happiness, eternal meaning, eternal love and eternal fullness. Jesus prepares and invites us to that “table”. Amid turmoil and terror, the invitation remains real and constant—find shelter and fullness in the pure and simple gospel of peace. It is worth repeating His words about his doctrine: “Behold, this is my doctrine: Whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church; whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me; therefore, he is not of my church. And now, whosoever is of my church, and endureth of my church to the end, him will I establish on my Rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against him. And now, remember the words of him who is the life and light of the world, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Amen.” D&C 3:16-18. This is a promise that includes the invitation to feast on eternal wonder both here and in the life beyond. It looks obvious that His Church consists of those around the world and through time that long for righteousness and peace, that hear His voice, and that he calls “His”.

In our relationships with each other, we are charged to “give each other strength, wisdom, courage and peace” even in this age of treachery. This age has been prophesied of, including these words received in 1831: “I the Lord, am angry with the wicked; I am holding my spirit from the inhabitants of the earth. I have sworn in my wrath and decreed wars on the face of the earth, and the wicked shall slay the wicked, and fear shall come upon every man, and the Saints also shall hardly escape; nevertheless, I the Lord, am with them, and will come down in heaven from the presence of my Father, and will consume the wicked with unquenchable fire. And behold, this is not yet, but by and by; wherefore, seeing that I the Lord, have decreed all these things on the face of the earth, I will that my Saints should be assembled upon the land of Zion; and that every man should take righteousness in his hands, and faithfulness upon his loins, and lift a warning voice unto the inhabitants of the earth; and declare both by word and by flight that desolation shall come upon the wicked.” D&C 63:9a-e

Now, again to us today, from the time of Enoch! : “And great tribulations shall be among the children of men, but my people will I preserve; and righteousness will I send down out of heaven, and truth will I send forth out of the earth to bear testimony of my only begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men. And righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood to gather out my own elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare; an holy city, that my people may gird up their loins and be looking for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion; a New Jerusalem.” Genesis 7: 69-70 Inspired Version. Hungry for the rest? Read on through the 75th verse.

If you have another minute, please re-read this short statement about presently preparing for Zion:

“WHAT IS ZIONWORKS AND ITS MISSION?

Zionworks is a grass roots association or gathering of individuals who are dedicated to the ‘hands-on’ work necessary for the physical reality of the kingdom on the earth, ‘Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.’ Christ’s term for this kingdom on the earth, when its participants are dedicated to uncompromised obedience to celestial principles is ‘Zion’. It appears that all people that have ever truly worked for Christ have had zest, enthusiasm and great enjoyment and fulfillment in working together as well as personal determination to ‘serve to the end’ even when enduring great adversity.

Zionworks' mission is to warn and instruct Christ’s saints to meet the need to thrive independently of the national and world socio-economic structure and agenda. This structure is also referred to as Babylon. The mission of Zionworks is to bring workers together so they can associate, cooperate and reinforce each other in this giant enterprise as directed by Christ. Our association with each other is intended, also, to unleash (rather than oppress) each person’s purpose, determination and energy. This is an action group answering the call to meet the need for the saints to be prepared for disasters and privations headed our way. This enterprise will result in a Zionic situation among saints (and all Jesus calls “all believers”), a place of safety and refuge for the oppressed and beleaguered of the world to gather to and a populace prepared for Christ's return. How desperately needed, now! Scriptures, prophecies, and world events have been instructing us to be about this business for centuries.”


As we have prayed and applied ourselves spiritually and physically to this enterprise over the last nearly two years, we have grown in commitment to each other, have been remarkably blessed spiritually and have gotten some significant work done in organizing and cooperating, and in physical work done for those needing help. An unexpected byproduct of this commitment and work is the fun and fellowship, even though we have had some serious challenges and expect to be continually challenged. What’s missing? All of those who want Zion and want to commit to its reality—maybe those who aren’t sure if this is a genuine calling from God; those that may be hesitant to risk heartbreak and loss, those who consider the extent of work and commitment this will cost before jumping aboard, the oppressed, disabled and beleaguered from around the world, those with resources and abilities in all aspects of forming a thriving and independent society of God.

CALENDAR

NEXT WORK DAY: Saturday, November 11, 2023. There is now a list of people needing help and we will announce the place at the next meeting and in the next newsletter.

CONTACT

For questions or comments, please contact 816 690 8464, 816 838 1593, zionworkz@protonmail.com or yyeoman@protonmail.com

You are invited to investigate this gathering and fellowship with us

With Christ and his love as our bond,

Your friends at Zionworks, compiled by Jim Huseby, coordinator.


No comments:

Post a Comment