Saturday, February 23, 2019

Testimony for Book of Mormon Reading Challengers

From: Muriel Luedeman February 23, 2019
bluedema@gmail.com

Testimony for Book of Mormon Reading Challengers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/243083412444025/

I have given thought to what a church friend spoke of at lunch the other day about not sharing the Book of Mormon with people of other faiths. I, too, feel exactly the same about promoting the Book of Mormon and even mentioning my church affiliation in outreach ministry because it shuts doors on communication and working cooperatively. Lori Smith, a sister in Oak Grove, told me a testimony of a woman in the scripture class she teaches, who the Holy Spirit advised not to tell a new neighbor anything about her church or the Book of Mormon. (I pray I have the gist right) The woman was to befriend her neighbor generously, share Jesus with her, and that was all. After a while, the neighbor began asking questions, and wanted to know where the woman went to church. She divulged then, where she attended. The neighbor came, loved the people, soon was learning about the Restoration, and was baptized.
Back to my story, then, the Holy Spirit gave me a dream two summers ago. For me personally I must not lay it aside, that I am to live the Book of Mormon, and not preach about it. In the dream I saw a man come onto the Temple Lot. He was holding a book which looked like a 3-in-1. He lifted it up with his right hand and was waving it above his head. He didn’t say anything, just waved the book. There were people standing around and saw him but didn’t pay much attention to him. Then, he looked up, seemed to be listening to an unseen being, stopped and lowered the book. He held it with both hands, then opened it up, and started tearing the pages out, and eating them. This caused the people to take notice. As they watched, aghast at first, the light began to dawn on them. Now I saw all of the people gathered there had books in their hands, too, and began doing the same thing, opening their books, tearing out the pages, and eating them. That was all of the dream. The message I got was that I was to devour the words of the book and the nourishment I received would help me live a life pleasing to God and would accomplish all of His purposes He had for me. These pages are life-giving food! Essential whole food for our Spirits. We cannot live well without all of God’s words.
My scripture reading has been off and on since then. When the Six Month Book of Mormon Reading Challenge invitation came in November, I felt impressed to do it. I started about 2 weeks late and I haven’t been totally consistent, but far better than ever before. Here is the confirming blessing I received.
Strangely, and immediately, the Holy Spirit seemed to be the one in control of what I read by the Challenge schedule, and when. For the passages applied directly to current circumstances in my life, what was going on in the First Fruits Daily Prayer Group, and even with national events. As I read the Book, each daily part frequently described the exact same things that were happening to me, and others around me. It is uncanny and so bazaar and so very beneficial! Only God could orchestrate this, and I know by this exercise that He is in complete control.
For instance, I was impressed by the Spirit to draw apart to be with the Lord. Though Jesus conveyed no burden to me when he first appeared, I was impressed by the Spirit when I entered my bedroom and knelt down, that I must pray for our president and the nation. I don’t like Trump’s words and ways, but I do have conviction that he is a man chosen to do a work for the Lord. I had had the feeling that Trump needed prayer for several days prior to this, but hadn’t made a special effort for it. I was to be as specific as I could be. I barely scratched the surface, but was released after several minutes to go on to other things of Jesus’ interests.
One thing the Spirit made clear to pray against: There are people in the White House staff who do not believe or like the president. They are Judases in the group, and are weak links that can, and will sell the president out, to bring harm to him, his family, and the vice president. There is great danger.
At that same time, the Book of Mormon Challenge reading, brought up a related insights I must pray against for the president and all of us. Alma 10:34-40 tells of the evil actions of the people of Ammonihah. Alma’s and Amulek’s teaching was stirring belief in the people, but the evil, controlling people were angry and wanted to kill the men, and set about to destroy their reputations in the minds of the people.

And they also said that Amulek had lied unto them and had reviled against their law and also against their lawyers.... And the people went forth and witnessed against them, testifying that they had reviled against the law, and their lawyers, and judges of the land, and also all the people that were in the land, …And many such things did the people testify against Alma and Amulek. And it came to pass that Zeezrom was astonished at the words which had been spoken (against Alma and Amulek by the people); and he also knew concerning the blindness of the minds which he had caused among the people by his lying words…”


The people of Ammonihah were so evil that they made up lies about Alma and Amulek. They didn’t simply misconstrue and twist words, they were hell-bent, and purposefully said things that were totally false, to destroy all trust in the men and turn the new believers against them.
The Spirit showed me that Satan and his minions will stop at nothing to retain control over those he has taken captive, even to physical abuse and imprisonment. As Christians stand for God and against evil, evil strikes back. What happened to Alma and Amulek is being repeated. We all must be aware of Satan’s tactics.
I took heart at how God delivered Alma and Amulek. Alma 10:75-83

And it came to pass that they all went forth and smote them, saying the same words, even until the last. And when the last had spoken unto them, the power of God was upon Alma and Amulek, and they arose and stood upon their feet; and Alma cried, saying, How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance; and they brake the cords with which they were bound. And when the people saw this, they began to flee, for the fear of destruction had come upon them. And it came to pass that so great was their fear, that they fell to the earth and did not obtain the outer door of the prison; and the earth shook mightily, and the walls of the prison were rent in twain, so that they fell to the earth; and the chief judge, and the lawyers, and priests, and teachers who smote upon Alma and Amulek were slain by the fall thereof. And Alma and Amulek came forth out of the prison; and they were not hurt, for the Lord had granted unto them power according to their faith which was in Christ. And they straightway came forth out of the prison; and they were loosed from their bands. And the prison had fallen to the earth; and every soul who was within the walls thereof, save it were Alma and Amulek, were slain; and they straightway came forth into the city."

Every day I read my passages, I find timely words that explain our current state in the city and nation, and bring fresh insights that apply not only to my personal walk with the Lord, and daily family life, but directly to current events. The Book is prophetic on a very personal level, and not just for me, but for every soul.
This fresh light and truth erases all fear for the future. It takes away all doubt about the Love and Power of our Father, God to take care of all of us, and deliver us from evil’s grip. My dream regarding eating the scriptures has come true in very real terms. My patriarchal blessings says, “Study the three books of the Church that you might know His will concerning you.” I confirm this current Book of Mormon Reading Challenge has God’s anointing and will help restore His people to their full purpose in the Kingdom building process and fulfillment of all of His rich promises. When God’s people read His Word, we are changed spiritually for the Kingdom’s sake. The Written Word and the Spoken Word (Prayer).
I know my friend still believes the Book of Mormon, and has to lay it to the side for God’s timing, as I have had to do many times. In my testimony to other church members and non-believers, Jesus must outshine all other things. However, the Spirit says that we must keep all scripture close in our hearts at all times. Read them all, devour them all, and ponder them all, every day. By them, we will receive salvation, temporally as well as spiritually, and the King will have His Kingdom and Will done on Earth.

Muriel Winn Luedeman
bluedema@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment