Friday, February 21, 2020

Superbowl and a sign of Divine Favor

From: Doug Hatten
hopeofzion@hotmail.com


Superbowl and a sign of Divine Favor


This is from Doug Hatten, author of “From the Church to the Kingdom” book.

I will now share why I posted the prophecy regarding the Kansas City Chiefs Superbowl win. What I now share is entirely for the glory of God. I have NOTHING to boast of in this, except possibly cowardice on my part. :)

I cared nothing for the Chiefs, and had basically stopped watching NFL games altogether. Since I had moved to Missouri in 2005, they had always been a "losing" team in my estimation. In any case, before the previous NFL season had even started in 2018, I overheard someone talking about this new rookie quarterback the team had brought on, and that he looked "promising." First thing I thought to myself was, "yeah, right."

I was dismissing it entirely when a word was heavily impressed on me in my spirit - saying that the Chiefs were going to go to the Superbowl, and it would be like the Royals in that they would almost make it, but fall short, then they would come back the following year and win the Superbowl. And then I was reminded of a prophecy from a prayer group I participated in a few years back (before the Royals went to the World Series) that God was going to show favor to sports teams in Kansas City to put a spotlight on the land of Zion and that it would be a sign that he was going to begin to favor Zion. I recalled this prophecy when the Royals won, but after receiving this personal word regarding the Chiefs, because I had never before had God give me this "kind" of prophecy, I was hesitant to declare it. I shared it with 7 people, as witnesses, but they were close confidants, people who would give me plenty of grace if I was mistaken.

So because of this word, I began watching the Chiefs last season, and they almost made it the Superbowl, just barely failed... and I wondered, is this the first time God told me about? When they would almost make it?

Then the 2019 season began, and I just "knew" they were going to the Superbowl this year. I shared that much with a wider audience. But when we won the AFC West championship, I then wondered, is this the second part of the prophecy where they actually win, or do they merely go to the Superbowl this time, then come back next season to actually win it. And then I saw Bob Jones’ prophecy, and I had the strongest feeling it was this year. Still, I was afraid to go public. I only shared within my inner circle of friends and colleagues. Last Thursday night, Mark Friend came over, and he shared that the Spirit had impressed upon him at the beginning of the season that the Chiefs were going to go ALL THE WAY, and so I shared what the Lord had told me, and we rejoiced in having confirmation.

Furthermore, what cemented it in for me is when I realized it had been 50 years since the Chiefs last won the Superbowl. ...50 years... the year of Jubilee, so when pairing that with the prophecy from Bob Jones that when they win the Superbowl it would be a sign of divine favor, and that a revival was soon to come, I just knew it had to be this year. Still, I did not feel I should put myself out there. This would be an experience I needed to go through to build my own faith in this new manifestation of prophetic gifting. Now I can be brave, and finally share... what I almost shared several times but was too chicken.

Praise God. I believe His hand was in this, not because God normally take sides in sporting games, but as a prophetic sign to His people in Zion. Thank you God. I look forward to what comes next!


This link goes with it:

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/mikaela-matthews/viral-prophecy-claims-revival-will-come-if-kansas-city-chiefs-win-super-bowl.html



No comments:

Post a Comment