Thursday, July 1, 2021

FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING,AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD JULY 1, 2021

 

From: paul gage
​​

FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING, AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD

JULY 1, 2021

 

The very best of God's blessings to all His people around the world,

 We must be having a lot of fun as time seems to literally be flying past.

2021 is half over and we wonder what the second half will hold. Of course, there is so much we do not know, but as one song and the scriptures remind us, there are some things we know.

I don't know about tomorrowI just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshineFor its skies may turn to gray.

I don't worry o'er the futureFor I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside HimFor He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrowI don't seem to understand.
But I know who holds tomorrowAnd I know who holds my hand.


I don't know about tomorrowIt may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrowIs the one who stands by me.
And the path that is my portionMay be through the flame or flood.
But His presence goes before meAnd I'm covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrowI don't seem to understand.
But I know who holds tomorrowAnd I know who holds my hand.
And I know who holds my hand.

 

An elder in Australia recently made an interesting statement. He said, "Tighten up all your efforts, as IF you did know when Jesus was returning." We are again reminded in Doctrine and Covenants 83:6 and 85:21of the need to magnify our calling. So, in our efforts of fasting, praying, studying and living for the Kingdom, let us step up our efforts so we will be ready.

 By now, many Saints have had opportunities to attend camps, retreats, reunions, and of course, church. Hopefully, each of us could/should bear strong testimonies of how the Lord blessed us during those gatherings.

 A Ninety Day Devotional Guide is available for all who wish to follow it. It began Sunday, June 27 and will go through September 24-25, 2021 which will be the Conference of Restoration Elders Fall Gathering. It is available on the CRE website. eldersconference.org

**TODAY'S scripture should be John 10:14-17. The hymn for today is "Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd. A beautiful hymn with very meaningful words.

 May the Good Shepherd always have you in His tender care,

God bless

Paul Gage


No comments:

Post a Comment