Monday, February 12, 2018

Scriptures in the News

From: Dwight Burford
dpburford@all4liberty.net


Scriptures in the News


Dear family and friends,

The following passage of scripture reminded me of something I read on a news headline summary page this past week:

And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. (Leviticus 26:27-29)

The news headline was about a person talking of eating a fetus. What an utterly repulsive and morbid topic, I thought. Surely no one would even think such a thing. So I moved quickly on to reviewing other news headlines.

This morning, however, when reading various promises in God’s covenants, I came across the above passage of scripture. Because it reminded me of the news headline mentioned above, I did a quick internet search and found quite a number of sites reporting on it. Here is one:

http://www.lifenews.com/2018/02/02/comedian-sarah-silverman-says-pro-life-laws-make-me-want-to-eat-an-aborted-fetus/

Comments like the ones reported on in this article and others are quite telling, I believe. Simply put, this is what people do when they harden themselves against the Lord to pursue their own will and way. They end up doing such detestable things because the Lord is not in their lives (see Romans 1:18-32 with I John 3:11-15). Thus, in the end, people who choose their own ways only serve to confirm that God’s word is indeed true, but to their own eternal destruction.

Oh, then, that everyone would remember the words of Jesus regarding those who offend little ones and be turned thereby from any form or manner of abuse or destruction of children.

Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offenses will come; but woe to him through whom they come. It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. (Luke 17:1-2)

This I pray in the hope that they might live the abundant life promised in God’s word (John 10:9,10). In particular, it’s my prayer that anyone who is or who might be thinking of doing any harm to children, either simply in their hearts and by their own hands, would repent and come to the Lord before the door is shut before them.

Oh that there were such a heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children forever! (Deuteronomy 5:29)

This I pray in the hope that our Lord will soon put an end to all the evil that is being committed against little children today.

In the hope of Zion, the pure in heart, your fellow laborer in the cause of Christ.

Dwight B.


No comments:

Post a Comment