Friday, May 31, 2019

Francis Harper Message for 5/31/2019

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Francis Harper Message for 5/31/2019


Dear Ones,

Moses prophesied: “And the Lord said unto me . . . I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him” (Deuteronomy 18:17-18).

Jesus was the Prophet foretold by Moses. Jesus said: “I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak . . . I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak” (John 12:49-50).

Moses was a prophet of God; a type and shadow of Jesus. Being a prophet is a heavy burden. Moses complained: “I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me. . . . And the Lord said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest . . . and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee. . . . And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders; and it came to pass, that, when the Spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease” (Numbers 11:14, 16, 25).

“And Joshua, the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men,” was upset when he saw others prophesying in the camp, and he said, “My lord Moses, forbid them. And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? Would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his Spirit upon them” (Numbers 11:28-29).

Those who are blessed with the Holy Spirit will begin to see as the prophets. When Jesus asked his disciples, “Whom say ye that I am? Simon Peter answered and said, thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou Simon Bar-Jona; for flesh and blood hath not revealed this unto thee, but my Father who is in heaven . . . and upon this rock [revelation from heaven] I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:16-19).

The line of communication between the Father in heaven and his church on earth is the umbilical cord of the church. Whenever this cord is severed, the gates of hell will prevail against it! We must have the Holy Spirit with us always. “When the Spirit rested upon them, they prophesied and did not cease” (Numbers 11:25).

When I pondered upon the experience of Samuel hearing the voice of the Lord calling him in the night I recalled the testimony of our Nepalese brother, Dil Gurung. On three successive nights he heard the Lord call his name. This was in 1990! On the third night, the Lord appeared to him in a globe of light. It was an open vision. In his own words: “One man was standing in my bedroom. He got so many light on his face I can’t see that face and same voice call me again, Dil you come to me. I was so happy, I was very joy . . . and I believed Son of God.” Dil was only 20 years old and a Buddhist when he received this vision.

We have a living, ever-present God who still speaks. He wants to communicate with each of us. He is the great I Am. Not I was, or I will be, but I Am.

“Speak, Lord, for thy servant heareth.”

My Love to All,
High Priest Francis Harper

++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Speak, Lord, For Thy Servant Heareth”


We believe in a living God who speaks in an infinite number of ways to those who are listening. He has spoken to his servants in ages past and he does not change. If none are hearing him today it is because we are not listening! He wants to communicate with us. We need to hear him.



It is likely that Samuel was near twelve years of age when he heard someone calling his name during the night. He had been living in Solomon’s temple at Jerusalem for nearly ten years. “And the child Samuel ministered unto the Lord before Eli [the temple priest]. And the word of the Lord was precious [scarce] in those days; there was no open vision. . . . and Samuel was laid down to sleep; and the Lord called Samuel; and he answered, Here am I. And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledest me, And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down” (1 Samuel 3:1-5).

Then the Lord called Samuel a second time, and a third time, with the same scenario following each time. Finally, “Eli perceived that the Lord had called the child. Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down; and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place. And the Lord came, and stood, [in an open vision] and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth” (1 Samuel 3:6-10). “And the Lord said to Samuel, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.” God had spoken again! This was the good news. “And all Israel
from Dan [in the North] even to Beer-Sheba [in the South] knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the Lord” (2 Samuel 3:11, 20). There was also some bad news in the message Samuel received from the Lord that night. “I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house . . . For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, [sexual improprieties], and he restrained them not. And Samuel lay until morning [undoubtedly without sleep], and opened the doors of the house of the Lord. And
Samuel feared to show Eli the vision” (1 Samuel 3:12-15).

“Then Eli called Samuel . . . And he said, what is the thing that the Lord hath said unto thee? I pray thee hide it not from me; God do so to thee, and more also, if thou hide any thing from me of all the things that he said unto thee. And Samuel told him every whit, and he [Eli] said, It is the Lord; let him do what seemeth him good. And Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground” (1 Samuel 3:16-19). A prophet had been called and every word that proceeded from his mouth was approved of the Lord.

We are living in a day similar to the days of Samuel. We could say “the word of the Lord is precious “today because we are too busy and distracted by the things of this world to reserve time for prayerful meditation and studying the Scriptures. It takes time, prayer and our undivided attention to discern the mind and will of God.

Even after we hear and know God’s word for today we may, like Samuel, be afraid to tell it like it is! Leonard Ravenhill, a 20th century revivalist said: “Oh God, send us propheticpreaching that searches and scorches!” Lord deliver us from being like Eli who restrained not his sons from their evil doings; fearing they might be offended! It is better to offend man, than God!



No comments:

Post a Comment