Saturday, May 18, 2019

Reckoning with the Word of Wisdom

From: Muriel Luedeman
mur620@gmail.com


Reckoning with the Word of Wisdom

by Muriel Luedeman May 17, 2019

May 7th, at work, so to speak, in my studio. Actually, I should be DOING something, but just don’t feel up to it. I felt the presence of Jesus close by, drawing me to sit with Him, listen, and pour out my aches and pains to Him. He was rehearsing to me all the Kingdom building things we have been doing together recently, and telling me that He and I have many more projects in the days ahead. I knew this! I want this! Working alongside Jesus for the past couple of years has been the greatest, most fulfilling blessing I have ever had. I am involved in a marvelous move of His hand in the city to care for the homeless and bring spiritual transformation to our community. He opened the way for me to have a new creative art studio that will come under His direction. Opportunities for travel with Bruce. Awesome things!

I could feel the draw of Jesus calling me upward more and more and I wasn’t strong enough or have enough energy to do it. He and I both knew why and he was finally calling me to face the sad truth.

I confessed to Him that my health is a train wreck and all the things Jesus is doing with me, I have a hard time doing well. My back aches, my joints ache, candida causes hot rashes on my feet, I am tired all the time, my stomach and digestion isn’t good, I battle weight gain continually. I knew in my head that the cause of my problems is I wasn’t eating according to the Word of Wisdom, eating fruits and vegetables in season, (fresh and raw as much as possible. I have done that in the past, but grew tired of the fight and fell away. It’s hard when all the world around you, even church potlucks offer so much meat, high carb dishes, and sugar charged desserts. It’s hard when we go to a movie and smell the popcorn. I love movie popcorn. Bruce and I would get the big tub with a refill. It’s hard to eat out when there are so few choices that fit WOW. It’s hard during the holidays when I grew up loving turkey, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes and whipped cream topped pumpkin pie. It’s not easy being different and liking it.

I was so lost as I faced Jesus and confessed that I could not do it on my own. I knew my eating was totally out of line; I knew better. I was in rebellion, a sugar addict, with many junk food preferences. I knew this, but I didn’t know what to do about it. I do eat good things, but I also overeat, nervous eat, and eat a bunch of stuff no one should be eating. I love making biscotti and having it with coffee while doing my devotions and other reading. Last Christmas I found a new recipe for chocolate chip, almond, mint biscotti that is irresistible. I don’t have just one or two. I eat six at a time. I was a mess and didn’t want give these things up, but I also didn’t want to feel run down and sick anymore. I WANTED to do my Jesus things! I knew I had to change or I wasn’t going to last the course, and cried out to Jesus for help.

My prayer reached a point of surrender and a calm and peace came over me as I thought about Jesus’ love for me and His desire to help. My thoughts changed. I remembered I needed to get some spring mix, so I went to Walmart Market with more resolve and bought a clam shell of that and picked up some other greens and vegetables. I had vegetables for supper and no snacks.
The next morning, at the daily Temple Lot prayer group, I saw Randy Van Eaton had come, as I entered the church, our cold weather quarters. Randy hadn’t been to the group for months, maybe even a year. We greeted and hugged and I sat down, asking about how he was and what had been going on in his life.

He said he came on the Lord’s command with the purpose of addressing our commitment to the Word of Wisdom! Randy said he was disappointed that so few were at the group. I was the third one so far. Two others joined us later.

There were a few more words and I can’t say how it happened so quickly, but Randy asked me to stand. He stood facing me, put his hands on my shoulders, and asked me, “Do you obey the Word of Wisdom?” I said, “No. I do not.”

“Why not?”

“Because I am addicted to sugar and there are favorite things I like to eat that I don’t want to give up.”

Are you willing to commit yourself to the Word of Wisdom?”

“Yes. I am.”

“Then say it,” and he guided me in my committing to the Lord.

“I commit myself to obey the Word of Wisdom from this moment on.”

“Good. This is pleasing to God that you have done this and you will be blessed.”

He turned to the other brother and asked him the same question, “Do you obey the Word of Wisdom?

“Yes. I do.”

“God bless you, brother, for your faithfulness. God has blessed you and will continue so in the future.”

Randy sat down and continued with words of encouragement to us, saying that the promises in keeping the Word of Wisdom are sure. He emphasized that when we keep this Word of Revelation, we SHALL, meaning we WILL, receive all the of promises the Lord gave in Section 86.

All this while, I felt it wasn’t the hands and voice of Randy Van Eaton I felt and heard, but those of Jesus Christ himself. “Powerful” does not express what I experienced. “Stunning” and “Supernatural” perhaps says it, but even those words fail to describe what happened that morning. The Holy One of Israel, My Savior, Jesus Christ came to ME and He, Himself called me to take a stand for Him and with Him. What had happened the day before in my studio, what happened at prayer group, how quickly God moved to answer my cries for help in a very personal way, was nothing short of Stunning!

I said, “Randy, do not feel bad for the few numbers here today. You were called here for me.” I proceeded to tell Randy the previous day’s experience and that I KNEW that this is the beloved counsel Jesus had for me to turn my life around.

This experience clearly shows me that I can and will walk in the Word of Wisdom with great success from here on out. It is the Holy Desire of God the Father! This Holy Word is the standard pattern, a new normal, for my life now and not a faltering practice subject to my mood or desire to obey or not. It is my desire, because I LOVE my Lord, Jesus; I want so much to please Him and be with Him and He is saying this is the only way I can go and do all He desires for me, and be with Him for the Kingdom’s sake.

Since May 7th, I have dropped several pounds, the deprived feelings are gone, I easily gave up coffee and biscotti, sugar, bread, potatoes, and meat. I have greater flexibility of movement, the fiery rashes have greatly calmed, and digestion is so much better in this short time. I don’t pig out, and don’t feel the need to snack between meals. Praise God! Thank you, Jesus!

I haven’t been perfect; Mother’s Day at my sister’s-in-law house was a test. I did very well considering. It’s a growing process. WOW is my standard norm and not the exception.

Randy returned to prayer group this week with more encouragement and counsel. He was strong in his language. A warning that a new holocaust is coming and Christians will be put to the test. Restoration Saints will not be strong enough to survive Satan’s final attack if we are not obedient to this revelation. It is in God’s loving kindness that he urges us all to commit in these final days.

I saw from my experience the reason why Christ didn’t make the WOW a commandment. Jesus didn’t command us to obey. He doesn’t want obligated obedience. He wants his children to willingly obey because we love him and want to please Him. It’s all about love – loving our bodies, loving God, loving our fellow beings. A loving, willing sacrifice.

A couple of days into my commitment, the Holy Spirit spoke these words. “Those who observe the Word of Wisdom release the power of God’s Supernatural Love into the world.” When we eat according to God’s plan, on a cellular level, love, peace, assurance, and joy are released in us and through us, and we manifest that to everyone and everything around us. There are no toxins and acidity to fight and stress our bodies, and we think, speak, and act in a totally different way. Those words are not in Section 86, but they should be. It is one of those mysteries Jesus promised us he would reveal.

How grateful I am for this whole experience! I offer it to encourage every one who read this story, to bring hope of Christ’s help for those who struggle with health problems, who are hanging back, riding the fence, knowing that something is not right and needs a nudge in the right direction. God is so good, patient, and gentle and kind in His correction.

The days ahead are going to be different, better, for many saints are faltering and are ready to commit. They will band together for change and encourage each other, and many others to receive the blessings of Christ through their repentance and obedience. A natural health institute will rise from this alliance of Word of Wisdom followers to help those who struggle with poor health to recover and move into a vibrant Spirit filled life.


No comments:

Post a Comment