Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Francis Harper Message for 6/14/2019

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Francis Harper Message for 6/14/2019


Dear Ones,

The account of the baptism of James W. Brown, Sr., illustrates the truth that baptism is a divine requirement for our salvation. And in the ordinances of the gospel “the power of godliness is manifest [ed] unto men in the flesh” (Doctrine and Covenants 83:3c).


“Will you take care of my dad’s funeral when his time comes? I was asked this question by “Jimmy” Brown, Jr., during a telephone conversation on Sunday evening, May 27, 2001. He explained that his father had been told by a cardiologist that there was nothing more they could do for him, and it might be only a matter of weeks or a few months before his death. I assured Jimmy that I would officiate at his father’s funeral if I was still here and able. Then he added, ‘Dad has never been baptized.’ I promised him I would visit with his father about baptism at 3:00 p.m. the next day, which was Memorial Day.

“Jim Brown, Sr., had been crippled since early childhood. He was only eighteen months of age when he became a victim of a disease known as infantile paralysis, and later as polio. Since then he had survived bypass surgeries, and now he had an inoperable heart valve problem.

“I wondered about baptizing Jim in the cold, spring water of our baptismal fount. Getting him and his wheel chair in and out of the fount would be difficult. Since the time of his death was apparently so near, I would not have time to teach him the pre-baptismal classes. Would his baptism be ‘deathbed repentance?’ I had never seen him at church. Would he be a worthy candidate? I began to ponder and pray about these things. I knew I could never tell him he did not need to be baptized.

“The time for the scheduled visit came; I felt unprepared. I prayed that the Lord would give me the appropriate words to say. We had driven less than a block from our home when we met our friends, Carol and Dana McElwain, walking up the street toward us. I asked Iris, my ‘chauffeur,’ to stop for a moment. Dana asked: ‘Where are you two going?’ I explained our mission, and the challenges we were facing with baptizing Jim Brown. Carol smiled as she said, ‘We have a good Christian friend in Omaha who has a heated therapy pool, equipped to lift persons like Jim.’ I am sure she would arrange for his baptism in her pool. Her words were a message from the Lord.

“As we continued on our way. I knew that God had answered my prayer. I could not deny that God had arranged our meeting with the McElwains. The timing of our departure had to be precise. If we had left home a minute or two later, they would have been past our driveway and we would have missed them. If they had been walking on the sidewalk instead of in the street, we would have just waved at each other passing by. If we had not stopped to converse with them, we would not have received the inspired message they had been sent to deliver.

“I also knew the Lord had given us much more than the knowledge of a place for Jim’s baptism. He had given his endorsement of every aspect of the ordinance. I could confidently proceed. Jim had been approved by the Lord as a worthy candidate. Baptism by immersion had been endorsed as the proper mode or method of baptizing. And last, but not least, I knew my authority to perform the ordinance had also been approved.

“Jim and his wife, Sylvia, raised eleven children; nine of whom were their own. When the director of the Wellness Center asked, How about the third Sunday of June; Father’s Day, for his baptism?, I knew this was the divinely appointed day. Surely, this was another touch of God. Can you picture their children, accompanied by their spouses and the grandchildren, surrounding the therapy pool, watching the baptism of Grandpa Jim? What a witness this was to their family! None will ever forget this beautiful experience. The family lingered after the service, savoring the presence of the Holy Spirit. Since that day, several of his children and grandchildren have been baptized. Jim Brown, Sr. died three months later, on September 20, 2001.

My Love to All,

High Priest Francis Harper

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



The Great Commission is: “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, unto the end of the world. Amen” (Matthew 28:18-19 IV; 28:19-20). These words were spoken on the day of the Lord’s ascension.

We, as disciples of Jesus in 2019, and “unto the end of the world,” are commissioned to fulfill the Great Commission. The teaching and baptizing tasks have never been greater. I recall the world’s population being about two billion in the early 1950’s. Now there are more than seven billion inhabitants on the earth and the Lord loves each one!

“And the Lord said unto me, Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people must be born again. Yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters and thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in no wise inherit the kingdom of God” (Mosiah 11:187-188). All of us who know the Lord Jesus, are called to be participants in fulfilling his great commission.

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; for, behold, the Lord your redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him on conditions of repentance. And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth. Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people. And if it so be that you should labor all your days, in crying repentance unto this people, and bring save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!” (Doctrine & Covenants 16:3 c-f).

“And you shall fall down and worship the Father in my name; and you must preach unto the world, saying, you must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ; for all men must repent and be baptized, and not only men, but women; and children who have arrived to the years of accountability (Doctrine and Covenants 16:3-c-d).

Following faith and repentance, baptism is the doorway to the Kingdom of God. Bakht Singh heard the Lord say: “The time of your father’s departure is near. He is not ready. Go see him.”So he went to see his father and asked: “Father, has the Lord in any way spoken to you?” His father said, “Yes, He has spoken to me to come to Madras [India] and give my testimony and be baptized.” A great change took place in his father after his baptism. He came out of the water with a shining face and said, “I never knew that it is so wonderful to obey God.” Obedience brings joy.

There are fifty one references in the Gospels and the Epistles about baptism. The double witnessed testimony given by this father and son is strong evidence that baptism by immersion and authority is an absolute divine requirement and should never be taken lightly. It is not optional. “Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God” (John 3:5). There is no other way! Surely you have a friend who needs to know this!




1 comment:


  1. HELLO everyone Have you been going through a lot in your relationship lately as a result of sudden change in your spouse attitude towards you ? If "YES",the end has come to that problem that keeps you awake when you are suppose to be asleep. When people you know to be nice and caring suddenly begins to act in a cruel manner there is need to ask questions such as, what exactly is wrong with my spouse ? Is this problem spiritual ? These and many questions that would cross ones mind at some point. I was in that kind of a confused state at some point in my relationship that I felt the weight of the world was resting on my shoulder, I was abandoned by my hubby when our son was 3 weeks. He left us for no reason. Though I wasn't too sure of what exactly would make him leave us I felt it was something extra ordinary(spiritual) that must have taken place in his memory. I was asked to contact this address to get help,Great Matatan the spell as soon as I did all my problem was sorted out. I can categorically state here that the kind gesture of ( matatanspell@yahoo.com CALL/WHATS-APP:+233 20 926 0493 )has helped me restore my family.

    ReplyDelete