Friday, May 29, 2020

Prophecies of the Lord's Return

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Prophecies of the Lord's Return


Three Prophecies of the Lord’s Coming


During the years 2007 and 2008, two ancient prophecies were brought to my attention. I learned that in an ancient Buddhist prophecy it was revealed there would be only 14 Dalai Lamas [spiritual leaders of the Buddhists]. And according to a prophecy by Saint Malachy, who lived in the 12th century, there would be only 112 additional popes [spiritual leaders of the Catholics].

This information became of greater interest to me when I discovered that the current Dalai Lama is the 14th, and the present Pope Francis, who was elected March 13, 2013, is the 112th. If these prophecies are true, we have even more reason to believe the Lord’s coming is near, even at the door.

I believe it was no coincidence that this knowledge was made known to me at this time. God often arranges unusual experiences [sometimes called coincidences] in our lives to teach us valuable lessons and to prove how much he loves and cares for us. We should not be too quick to dismiss any of our experiences as being insignificant. We should evaluate each so-called coincidence that happens to us. It is especially important to pay attention when two or more of these happenings are related in some way. I am amazed at how the Lord reveals certain essential pieces of information to us.

I believe it was in 2007 that Brother R. C. Baral gave me a book entitled Visitor’s Guide to China. It was not of immediate interest, but when the Tibetans began to demonstrate against the oppression of the Chinese government in the early months of 2008, I decided to read about Tibet. On page 294 I read, “Today the Dalai Lama lives in Dharmsala, in India, in the foothills of the Himalayas, heading a community of forty monks and a kind of government-in-exile of the many exiled Tibetans. Unlike the previous Dalai Lamas, he has a wide knowledge of the world; is much respected, and has sent several delegations to Tibet and Peking (Beijing). His picture appears in many Tibetan households, and many long for his return. He is the fourteenth Dalai Lama, and it was predicted long ago that there would be only fourteen Dalai Lamas.” I wondered, how long ago was long ago? Was it 50 years, 100 years, or longer? And why only fourteen Dalai Lamas? Why Dalai Lama, Age 84 wouldn’t there be fifteenth, or sixteenth, or more?



I believe it was before I was given the Visitors Guide to China that I was given a book by my secretary, Lou Waite. She had purchased a box of paperback books at a garage sale. Included in the box she found a book written in the 1960’s by a Buddhist monk, Lobsang Rampa. This was shortly after the Chinese had taken control of Tibet. This book, The Saffron Robe, yellowed with age, did not personally interest Lou. But since I had traveled in the Buddhist and Hindu world of India and Nepal, she thought I might like to read it, so she gave it to me.

The book rested in the bottom drawer of my desk for many months, even years. Then one day early in 2008, I opened it and began to read. I had no intention of reading the entire book, but contrary to my expectations, the aged book was very interesting. I read the pages quickly in my eagerness to learn more about the life of a Buddhist monk living in the Potala Palace of Lhasa, a lamasery, home of a thousand monks! Then on page 135, I found the answer to my question of how long ago was long ago? I read: “I fell silent as I recalled the prophecies [Buddhist] which were made about Tibet centuries before (this meant these prophecies of “long ago” were given at least 200 years ago], and I knew that in our time, in my lifetime [Lobsang Rampa, 1910-1981] in fact, we of Tibet would have our own troubles [and they did have troubles when in 1959-1960 China took control of their country]. I knew also that our own Dalai Lama would not be of the same spiritual significance [this part of the prophecy has been fulfilled because the current 14th Dalai Lama had to flee from Tibet at the time of the Chinese takeover. He has lived most of his life in exile in Dharmsala, India].”

As I pondered upon the two books I had been given, both with messages pertaining to the centuries-old Buddhist prophecy of the 14th Dalai Lama being the last, I thought surely the Holy Spirit had arranged this. First, the Holy Spirit had prompted Ram and Lou to buy the books, and then by the same Spirit they were led to give the books to me! In addition, in the Lord’s timing, I became interested and read and received the messages he had chosen to give me in his own creative way.



As I went home to lunch that day, thinking of the significance of the 14th Dalai Lama being the last, I thought of another prophecy. I recalled reading the 12th century prophecy of Saint Malachy at a religious museum near our home. Saint Malachy was a canonized Irish Catholic Priest, who was born in 1094. In 1139, during a trip to Rome, Malachy was given a vision of the men who would be chosen to serve as popes in the succeeding generations to come. He was given a short resume of each, and the number who would serve in that calling. He was told there would be 112 more popes, and the final one would witness the destruction of the Catholic Church [which appears to be happening]. The vision of St. Malachy, who died in 1148, has never been fully accepted by the Catholic hierarchy, but after about five hundred Pope Francis, Age 86 years, many began to take note of the accuracy of his descriptions of the men appointed to the highest office within their church.

Pope Benedict XVI was the 111th to be chosen as leader of the Catholics since St. Malachy’s prophecy. He was described in Malachy’s vision as “the glory of the olive.” The members of the Benedictine order are known as the Olivetans.

I find it very interesting that both of these ancient prophecies predicted that after a specified number of their leaders had served, there would be no more. Considering the age of the present Dalai Lama [84], and the incumbent Pope Francis [86], two of the largest religions of the world may soon be without leadership. The estimated number of Buddhists in the world is about 360 million. The Roman Catholics claim a membership of 1.2 billion at the present time.

Could it be that these prophecies of ancient date, which have reached the prophesied number in our day, is signifying that these religious leaders will soon be replaced by the King of kings and Lord of lords? Surely, this information was made known to me for some reason. Why was it brought to my attention at this time? Was it just a coincidence?

The third prophecy is of a more recent date. Elder Joseph Burton of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was given a vision in late December, 1873, in which he was shown there would be only seven prophets to direct the church in the latter days, beginning in 1830. The following is an excerpt from The Seven Prophets of the Latter Days, written by Pamela Price, Vision 4, Spring of 1990.

“The Saints of one-hundred years ago were familiar with Elder Joseph Burton’s dream and vision which indicated there would be seven prophets of the Lord’s Church in the latter days. Brother Burton’s experiences are important to the Saints of today, for they indicate there will only be one more prophet of the church in the line of succession [of the Lord’s own choosing]. Although there have been additional prophets [presidents] named, they have not claimed to be prophets, nor have they been accepted as such.



Who will the seventh prophet be? When will he come? One thing we know for certain, he must be called of God. Some have suggested that the seventh prophet may be the Lord Jesus Christ himself. The Father was referring to his Son when he said in Deuteronomy 18:18-19: “I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren [the Israelites, specifically from Judah], like unto thee [Moses], and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall Wallace B. Smith speak in my name, I will require it of him.”

So, we are running out of Dalai Lamas, Popes and Prophets! The three prophecies I have mentioned coincide very well with all the prophecies of the Scriptures, which also point to the nearness of the Lord’s Second Coming.

When these prophecies are added to the prophetic words of Jesus and many others, we have even more reason to heed the scriptural warning:

“Let my disciples therefore take heed to themselves, lest at any time their hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day come upon them unawares. For as a snare it shall come to all them who dwell on the face of the whole earth” (Luke 21:34-35).

The Seven Prophets
1. Joseph Smith, Jr.
2. Joseph Smith III
3. Frederick M. Smith
4. Israel A. Smith
5. Wallace W. Smith
6. Wallace B. Smith
7. The Prophet like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:18-19)?

“Even so, come, Lord Jesus”
(Revelation 22:20).

To Be Continued



No comments:

Post a Comment