Friday, December 18, 2020

​​FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING, AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD DECEMBER 17, 2020

From: Paul Gage

​​


​​FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING, AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD DECEMBER 17, 2020

FASTING, PRAYING, LIVING AND STUDYING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD

DECEMBER 17, 2020 

God's Blessing to the Saints Worldwide,

 2020 is rapidly drawing to a close. The end of a year is always a good time to go to the Lord for reflection and projection. Reflecting on the past year and with God's guidance, projecting into the next twelve months. A good time to ask ourselves and the Lord, Where have we been and what have we accomplished for the Kingdom/ZION? In reflection, we do not criticize or judge, unless it be as we examine ourselves. The Apostle Paul tells us in I Corinthians 11:28, 

"But let a man examine himself..." In II Corinthians 13:5 we are told, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves..." We will one day be judged by God, the only One who has the knowledge,  wisdom and righteousness to make such judgments. So we are challenged to judge ourselves.

 We know that God forgives us if and when we sincerely repent. He desires for us to come to Him in true repentance so He can forgive and bestow His rich blessings upon us. It is good for us to confess our sins to the Father. he already knows them anyway, but He can't or won't forgive until we ask in faith believing that He will forgive. So we reflect on 2020. I will confess that I have not done nearly enough fasting, praying, studying and living for the Kingdom of God. As I reflect on that, I can ask (examine) myself and say, "Wherein have I not done enough of these spiritual disciplines?" I can answer, for one thing, and say, "I have not been diligent enough in my stewardship of time." I have allowed "things of lesser good," to often take up my time. Hymn 324, "Father, When in Love to Thee," speaks to many things that we all need to reflect on in our lives. Part of verse 3 states, "And in penitence we turn, for thy pardon now we yearn. Reconcile us by thy love, lift our souls to things above..."

 Now we project into 2021.  Give thought and prayer to how can we overcome the things that keep us from God. Set goals and objectives. A goal is where you want to go. Objectives are how you get there. A worthy goal, at any point in our lives, might be: I Want to Fast and pray more. The objective needs to detail how you plan to fast and pray more. Example: I will fast one meal three days a week and the evening meal on Saturday. I will arise 30 minutes earlier than needed each day and spend that time in prayer. Keep a daily journal to chart your progress. Sometimes our routine may change. That is ok. Try to get back on schedule as soon as possible. Remember, your goals and objectives are between you and God.

 There is a hymn, not in our hymnal, entitled, "Living for Jesus." Two of the verses are"

Living for Jesus, a life that is true, Striving to please Him in all that I do. Yielding allegiance glad hearted and free, this is the pathway of blessing for me. Living for Jesus wherever I am, doing each duty in His holy name. Willing to suffer affliction or loss, Deeming each trial a part of my cross." The chorus: "O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee;  For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me. I own no other master; My heart shall be Thy throne, My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.". This might be our projection for 2021.


God bless and keep you through every day. The Kingdom awaits.




No comments:

Post a Comment