Thursday, December 23, 2021

FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING AND LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD DECEMBER 23, 2021

 

From: paul gage


FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING AND LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD

DECEMBER 23, 2021

Merry Christmas to all the Saints Around the World,

 I hope you have had a good 2021 even though many have been afflicted with the virus and many other ailments and the Lord has called home a goodly number of Saints this year. Some may ask, have I had a good year? It is a good year when we know that our God is continually watching over us and yes, we get sick and die. That is part of His plan as He is the giver and taker of life.

 We all know that God's plans for each and all of us is in our best interests even in sickness and death. That is why we pray, "The Lord IS my shepherd, I shall not want...: Read that short Psalm and count how many times it refers to God doing something for us.

 Recently I found a reading that is entitled, "A Lovely Letter from Jesus."

 If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself an overcomer?

If you never went through fire, Then how would you become pure?

If you never had any suffering, how could you know what I went through?

If you had all power, how would you learn to depend on me?

If your life was perfect, Then what would you need me for?

If you were never broken, how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem, how would you know that I can solve them?

If you never felt sadness, how would you know that I am the Comforter?

If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I can forgive you?

If I gave you all things, how would you appreciate them?

If I never corrected you, how would you know that I love you?

If you knew all, how would you know that I will answer your questions?

If you were never in trouble, how would you know that I will come to your rescue?

If you never felt pain, how would you know that I am the healer?

If you never had a need, how would you know that I am the provider?

If you never had to pray, how would you know that I am the Deliverer?

If you never had inner or outer battles, how would you know that the battle is mine and that I am the Prince of Peace?

If you never got lost or wandered, how would you know that I am the Way, the Truth and the Life?

 Another reading I found is very applicable to us, especially now, but all the time as well.

 I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas." Most know the song, but why is it that snow and Christmas go together? Most places in the world hardly ever have a "White Christmas." What is more important than a white Christmas, is a RIGHT CHRISTMAS.

 So, what makes a "right Christmas?" toys, clothes, jewelry, parties, etc? All those are just "things."

A right Christmas is a PERSON. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST is God's great gift to the world. He is the beauty and glad tidings of Christmas. Don't dream of a white Christmas, endeavor to live a RIGHT CHRISTMAS.

The right Christmas greetings: Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:10-11

The right gift: For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son. John 3:16

The right invitation to accept: Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:29.

The right Christmas spirit: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

The right celebration: Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing. Revelation 5:12

The right response: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31

You may or may not have a white Christmas. It really isn't important.

BUT it is tremendously important to have a RIGHT CHRISTMAS.

 Remember, "Christ the Savior IS born." He is our Savior, Comforter, Redeemer, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace,  He is our Emmanuel and thus is with us always.

 God bless each of you very richly

 Paul Gage


No comments:

Post a Comment