Friday, May 15, 2020

Francis Harper Message for 5/15/2020

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Francis Harper Message for 5/15/2020


Come Walk With Me



The Lord said unto Enoch, “Thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me” (Genesis 6:36 IV). This precious invitation needs to be extended to every person, of every kindred, tongue, and people. As we sing: “Shout the tidings of salvation to the aged and the young til the precious invitation wakens every heart and tongue. Paul wrote: “. . . As the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk” (1 Corinthians 7:17).

Learning to walk when we were a one-year-old was a great accomplishment. Learning to walk with Jesus, and as Jesus walked, is a much greater accomplishment. This is the world’s greatest challenge. Like walking on water, walking as Jesus walked requires divine assistance. The Lord will help us. He said, “Simon, Simon, behold Satan hath desired you, that he may sift the children of the kingdom as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not . . .” (Luke 22:31-32).

Jesus prayed for Peter and he has prayed for us, and he will pray for us, even today, or whenever we ask for his assistance. He also promised another Comforter, the Holy Spirit, who stands by to help us in our time of need. We also believe in the ministry of angels. During the Lord’s darkest hour when he prayed, “Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him” (Luke 22:42-43).

Jesus prayed for us in what some have called “the other Lord’s prayer.” He said in this prayer . . . “I pray for them; I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me . . . I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from evil. Neither pray I for these [the disciples who followed him in his earthly ministry] alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me” (John 17:9-21).

We cannot walk with the Lord until we are completely one [united in purpose and in righteous desires] with him. The worldly, natural man of the flesh, seeks to do his own thing in his own way. We have been warned “. . . every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which . . . shall perish” (Doctrine and Covenants 1:3e).

Amos asked long ago: “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” (Amos 3:3). God calls us to walk with him with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent . . . (2 Nephi 13:16). This was our covenant promise on the day of our baptisms. “God be with us yet, lest we forget.”

“And the Holy Ghost fell on many, and they were caught up by the powers of heaven into Zion. And it came to pass, that the God of heaven looked upon the residue of the people, and wept; and Enoch bore record of it, saying, How is it that the heavens weep. . . ?” (Genesis 7:34-35 IV). God weeps, even as Jesus wept over Jerusalem, whenever persons reject his invitation to “Come, walk with me.”

“When we walk with the Lord in the light of His word, What a glory He sheds on our way! When we do His good will, He abides with us still, And with all who will trust and obey. Trust and obey, for there’s no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.” Hymns of the Restoration. Hymn #371.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Ones,

I go through my daily journal entries at the end of each year and keep some of those I consider as being significant. I keep these in a three ring binder, which I have titled, My Walk With the Lord. I will share a few of them with you. I hope they will be of interest and edifying.

March 17-18, 2019 – Victor and Barbara Hatanpaa, our good friends from the boundary waters of Northern Minnesota came to visit us. Victor shared of traveling with a former drinking buddy to do some welding work for him. As they traveled Victor took advantage of his “captive audience,” and began sharing the gospel. His old friend didn’t want to hear about Jesus. He looked at Victor with disgust, and said, “You used to be normal!” What a compliment! Christians should be abnormal, peculiar people. “Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people . . .” (1 Peter 2:9).

June 16, 2019 – I got up at 5 AM. As I looked out the front windows of our living room, I saw a dark colored car moving very slowly toward our driveway. I watched until it turned in. I went to the garage to meet those who had come at such an early hour. It was Royl Roden and our son Marc, who was the first to speak. He said, “We have bad news. Whitney died last night.” One of the first things I said was: “I didn’t give her a hug when I last saw her.” We need to do this every time we separate from our loved ones. As I considered our loss, these final words of John came to me, “. . . Come, Lord Jesus” (Revelation 22:20). “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away” (Revelation 21:4).

July 5, 2019 – I had been concerned about how I should travel to the Temple Grove Reunion to teach and preach. I met Bob Dickson at the Elders Conference who said he would be going there after a short visit in Pittsburgh. This was the answer I had been seeking. I would fly to Pittsburgh and he would pick me up as they traveled by the airport! I purchased my ticket and learned that I would be flying to Houston, where I would catch a flight to Pittsburgh. This was certainly not the shortest route from Omaha to Pittsburgh but I would of arriving on the same flight as his step daughter. It would not be necessary for them to wait for another flight. As I have said before, the Lord is my travel agent.

July 27, 2019 – The first person I met at the Houston airport was Julie Bettes, step-daughter of Bob Dickson. We were the last two to board the flight. Only two seats were available and they were adjoining seats. We had an excellent “get acquainted,” two hour conversation as we traveled to Pittsburgh. Bob and Janet [Julie’s mother] arrived in precise timing to meet us at the baggage claim area. We enjoyed more good conversation as we continued our journey to Temple Grove near Transfer, Pennsylvania. The Nepalese saints: Janak, Amrita, Jerusha and Jessica had already arrived in their new Toyota after their five hour drive from Scranton, Pennsylvania. It was so good to see them again. Jessica has become an adult since we last met!

My Love to All,

High Priest Francis Harper


No comments:

Post a Comment