Tuesday, October 31, 2023

ZIONWORKS NEWS, OCTOBER 25th, 2023

 ZIONWORKS NEWS, OCTOBER 25th, 2023

ANY DOCTRINE THAT CHRIST DID NOT TEACH IS FALSE DOCTRINE

The statement below was presented to the attendees at the October 22nd Zionworks meeting to reinforce members concerning the nature of the doctrine of Christ and to apprise the public of the basis for our fellowship and cooperative efforts:

Recently, attempts have been made by individuals to use our meetings and our email addresses for self-promotion and promotion of false doctrines. Some of the false doctrines that have attempted to influence us are plural marriage, reincarnation, multi-theism, the belief that God progressed from man to God, the belief that men can progress to a God/creator, and more abominations that Jesus never taught.

In our dedication to the Kingdom and to the fulfillment of souls, we are courteous and loving to everyone, but we do not entertain errant or false doctrine. The doctrine of Christ comes directly from Christ because he is the Word. His doctrine is not derived from or filtered through any religion or human concept. The pure doctrine and gospel of Christ are eternal and unchangeable. They abide in Christ, in the realm of Heaven and in Christ’s teachings. They are pure and contain no seeds of error. They lead to fullness of life and eternal life. Erroneous, false and evil doctrine are originated by the adversary of eternal truth, eternal love, eternal happiness and eternal justice.

The pure doctrine of Christ leaves no loose threads from which errant doctrine can be woven or insinuated. Any doctrine that Christ did not clearly teach is suspect of being false doctrine, will lead to more speculation and is not to be taught. In fact, Christ cannot authorize the teaching of any concept that is not purely his. Anyone attempting to teach errant or speculative doctrine has no authority from God to do so, even if he thinks he is doing God’s errand.

The doctrine of Christ and the gospel of Christ are eternal; they are of love, of truth, of fulfillment of souls and eternal life. This is the foundation of our bond and cooperation with each other. It is the source of true vision and of yearning for the Kingdom.

The pure gospel of Jesus Christ contains the keys, or is the key, to personal transformation* and to the Kingdom. The kingdom referred to here is the kingdom on the earth AND the eternal kingdom of God—the source of all wonder, love, knowledge and truth, and one’s immersion in it. However, by immersing ourselves in beliefs and endeavors that are contrary to the marvelous and all-revealing Gospel, we cut ourselves off from real discovery of eternal wonder and find ourselves bound and imprisoned. God created us to discover life, eternal freedom and eternal happiness.

*”And be ye not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what that good and acceptable and perfect will of God is. ” Romans 12:2

Doctrine and Covenants, Section 3

16a Behold, this is my doctrine: Whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church;

16b whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me; therefore, he is not of my church.

17 And now, behold, whosoever is of my church, and endureth of my church to the end, him will I establish upon my Rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against him.

18 And now, remember the words of him who is the life and light of the world, your Redeemer, your Lord, and your God. Amen.

3 Nephi

31 Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away.

32 Behold, verily, verily I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine. And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me;

33 And I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me, and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me;

34 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.

35 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.

36 Verily, verily I say unto you, that this is my doctrine; and I bear record of it from the Father; and whoso believeth in me, believeth in the Father also;

37 And unto him will the Father bear record of me; for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost;

38 And thus will the Father bear record of me; and the Holy Ghost will bear record unto him of the Father and me; for the Father, and I, and the Holy Ghost, are one.

39 And again I say unto you, Ye must repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in my name, or ye can in no wise receive these things.

40 And again I say unto you, Ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

41 Verily, verily I say unto you, that this is my doctrine; and whoso buildeth upon this, buildeth upon my rock; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.

It was never the intent to expose any of our email addresses. The email provider I have been using, Protonmail, has an option for using BCC in our group emails, which is how our newsletters are sent. Each time I prepare a newsletter I click on BCC and it highlights and I then, as prompted, I identify which group I want BCC’d. It doesn’t work. Protonmail doesn’t have technical assistance that I can access to make their system work.

Also, as you have experienced, there are problems with our group emails being used as a forum or chat room. A chat room or something like a forum or blog would be vitally healthy and beneficial to individuals and to Zionworks mission. The web site committee is working on a practical means to make that happen, but for now, please email zionworkz@protonmail for any communication.

Preparedness coordinator, Jim Huseby

UPDATE 10-25-23

I have had computer technical assistance from one of our members and the email BCC problem should be fixed.

MORE UPDATES:

At our Last meeting, retired state agriculture agent and life-long Kingdom builder, Alan Teel visited us. Among many other agricultural and self-sustaining projects he has accomplished, he explained to us an efficient system that he developed for independent power generation that would make us independent of the grid. This, like most “small-scale” independent living situations, is still best accomplished by a group of dedicated and cooperative people. The Kingdom on earth can only be physically built and maintained by people uncompromisingly dedicated to God’s principles.

NEXT MEETING: Sunday, Nov. 5, 2:00 PM at Central Branch, 919 S. Delaware, Independence. Bring Items for the bartering table and expect some very interesting agenda and conversation.

QUOTES

“Think about this—we don’t necessarily need a large gathering (even though God calls all who will hear and can respond) ---we need earnest workers. The term ‘remnant’, meaning the few who remain, is frequently used in the scriptures.” Melissa Stayton

CONTACT

You are invited to investigate, fellowship and work with others who are excited about the Kingdom. For questions and comments, please contact 816 690 8464, 816 694 2284 or zionworkz@protonmail.com.

With Christ and his love as our bond,

Your friends at Zionworks


No comments:

Post a Comment