Friday, November 16, 2018

Francis Harper Message for 11/16/2018

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Francis Harper Message for 11/16/2018


Dear Ones,

I hope you will enjoy these poetic verses as I have for many years:


I Met the Master Face to Face


I had walked life’s way with an easy tread,

Had followed where comforts and pleasures led,

Until one day in a quiet place,

I met the Master face to face.



With station and rank and wealth for my goal,

Much thought for my body, but none for my soul,

I had entered to win in life’s mad race,

When I met the Master face to face.


I met Him and knew Him and blushed to see

That His eyes, full of sorrow, were fixed on me;

And I faltered and fell at His feet that day,

While my castles melted and vanished away.


Melted and vanished and in their place

Naught else did I see but the Master’s face,

And I cried aloud: “Oh make me meet

To follow the steps of Thy wounded feet.”


My thought is now for the souls of men

I have lost my life to find it again

E’er since one day in a quiet place

I met the Master face to face. -Author Unknown



Will we be among those saying, “Lord, Lord, open to us” because we do not know Him? O’ Lord help us to know you, even as you know each of us. At the present time, we can not know Jesus by our physical senses, “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face; now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known” (1 Corinthians 13:12).

On numerous occasions I have become aware of his amazing, intimate knowledge of me. Even my inmost thoughts he knows! By this, I know he knows me and loves me!

“If suddenly upon the street my gracious Savior I should meet, and he should say, ‘As I love thee, What love hast thou to offer me?’ Then what could this poor heart of mine dare offer to that heart divine?

“His eye would pierce my outward show, His thought my inmost thought would know; and if I said, ‘I love thee Lord,’ He would not heed my spoken word unless my daily life should tell that verily I loved him well.

“If on the day or in the place wherein He met me face to face, my life could show some kindness done, some purpose formed, some work begun for His dear sake, then were it meet love’s gift to lay at Jesus’ feet.” (Hymns of the Restoration #354).

My Love to All,
Francis Harper

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Door Was Shut!


“And then, at that day, before the Son of Man comes, the kingdom of heaven shall be likened unto ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five of them were foolish.

“While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. At midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

“And the foolish said unto the wise, give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, lest there be not enough for us and you, go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

“And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage; and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

“But he answered and said, verily I say unto you, ye know me not” (Matthew 25:1-11 IV). The King James Version of Matthew 25:11-12 is written: “Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.”



This parable of Jesus has never been more appropriate for his disciples to study and heed, than it is for us today. Jesus is speaking directly to his disciples of the 21st century. In this parable all of the virgins were expecting the coming of the bridegroom. Similarly today, the vast majority of Christians believe the Lord is coming soon. And likewise, as in the parable, many of his disciples are not prepared for the midnight cry. “Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not, the Son of Man cometh” (Matthew 24:51 IV; 24: 44 KJV).

I once had a fellow worker who often said, “It is high time to . . . .” Then he would mention some task we needed to accomplish. He was not aware that he was quoting a scripture that is especially appropriate for us to consider today. “. . . now it is high time to awake out of sleep . . . The night is far spent, the day is at hand; let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light” (Romans 13:11-12).

I was reminded of the cry at midnight when, as I parked my pickup in our garage after returning from work on October 24, 2018, the precise time being displayed on the dashboard clock was 12:00! The actual time was about 5:30 p.m. Needless to say, I rarely look at this clock or check and adjust it for accuracy! Was this coincidence? If we procrastinate we may, much to our dismay, discover that we have missed life’s greatest opportunity!

I cannot imagine how devastating it will be for those who will not be ready when the words are spoken: “Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.” Those who have neglected to establish a close relationship with Jesus will not have the privilege of living with him in his millennial kingdom; to them the door will be shut!

We need to meet the Lord face to face. I recall the words of the familiar hymn: “I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, . . . . And he walks with me, and he talks with me, and He tells me I am his own; and the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known. (Hymns of the Restoration #127).

Most people know about Jesus, but far fewer know him as he wants to be known. Would he say to us today? “Ye know me not”? or would he say, “I know you not.” Hopefully he will never need to make either of these statements to us! He said: “I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine” (John 10:13 IV; 10:14 KJV).




No comments:

Post a Comment