Thursday, December 7, 2023

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD DECEMBER 7, 2023

 LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD DECEMBER 7, 2023

Greetings of joy and good will to all the Saints around the world,

As most of you know, Doctrine and Covenants section 6, 10, 11, and 12 have similar statements, as follows from SECTION 12:1a A great and marvelous work is about to come forth unto the children of men. 1b Behold, I am God; and give heed to my word, which is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of both joints and marrow; 1c therefore, give heed unto my word.

12:2a Behold, the field is white, already to harvest; therefore, whoso desireth to reap, let him thrust in his sickle with his might and reap while the day lasts, that he may treasure up for his soul everlasting salvation in the kingdom of God. 2b Yea, whosoever will thrust in his sickle and reap, the same is called of God; therefore, if you will ask of me, you shall receive; if you will knock, it shall be opened unto you.

12:3a Seek to bring forth and establish my Zion. 3b Keep my commandments in all things; and if you keep my commandments and endure to the end, you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God.

The underlined portions remind us that we are to be actively and anxiously engaged in building up the Kingdom of God and establishing His righteousness. Why? The line in bold print says so we may have everlasting salvation in the kingdom of God.

Each time we observe the “Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper” we make a commitment to God that we will “SECTION 17:22d “eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son and witness unto thee, O God, the eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he has given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.”

This is how we are to function as we are now living in the Kingdom of God. How are you, we, doing since last Sunday? Are we like the Innkeeper in Bethlehem and have no time, space, or place in our lives for the One who came to save us from being alienated from God? Are we often to busy with ourselves and our needs that we fail to be a CHRIST KEEPER?

A sign reads, “Jesus is the Reason for the Season.” I like to add, “Jesus is the only reason for every season.” A beautiful hymn about Jesus coming to earth is called, “Down From His Glory.”

Down from His glory, Ever living story,
My God and Savior came, And Jesus was His Name;
Born in a manger, To His own a stranger,
A Man of sorrows, tears and agony.
My God and Savior came, And Jesus was His Name;
Born in a manger, To His own a stranger,
A Man of sorrows, tears and agony.

What condescension, Bringing us redemption;
That in the dead of night, Not one faint hope in sight,
God, gracious, tender, Laid aside His splendor,
Stooping to love, to win, to save my soul.

Without reluctance, Flesh and blood His substance,
He took the form of man, Revealed the hidden plan,
Oh, glorious mystery, Sacrifice of Calvary,
And now I know Thou art the great “I Am.”

O how I love Him, How I adore Him, My breath, my sunshine, my all in all

The great Creator, Became my Savior, And all God’s fullness Dwelleth in HIM.

God bless you as you keep Him in your life and serve Him as He has asked in order that we might help others see Him and His Kingdom in us.

Paul Gage


No comments:

Post a Comment