Friday, August 16, 2024

Living In The Kingdom Of God August 15, 2024

 

 

Living In The Kingdom Of God August 15, 2024

To the faithful Saints in every corner of the earth, Greetings and God’s blessings,

As time marches on and waits for no man, here we are in the middle of August, the eighth month of 2024. Camps and reunions are over and we are gearing up for Fall retreats, schools are back in session and the world continues to be coming apart at the seams. So how are things in your part of the Kingdom?

Have you gotten past the near assassination of Donald Trump and all the uproar over the olympics? Is it back to “life” as usual? Are you stuck in a rut…..until something else happens? Have you asked yourself the questions like, “If we have the keys to the kingdom, the kingdom of heaven is at hand, and we are told to build up His kingdom and establish His righteousness, how and why are all these things happening?” If so, what are your answers?

Perhaps one answer might come from Matthew 5 especially verse 34 which is only found in the Inspired Version. Then we might look at Matthew 13 about the parable of the sower. Where is the seed, the word of God, planted in our life? Matthew 16:25-28 can also shed some light on our answers. These and numerous other scriptures have been given to us by which we can answer our questions and our dilemma. Why do bad things happen to good people? Because sometimes good people do bad things.

Are we as Restorationists, is the entire Christian community, are any who claim to be a follower of Christ doing God’s will on earth, in our lives, as it is in heaven? That is our calling and our challenge.

We pray for our daily bread, and ask that we not be led into temptation and to be delivered from evil.

All our scriptures are very plain, such as Doctrine and Covenants 81:1-3 1a Verily, I say unto you, my servants, that inasmuch as you have forgiven one another your trespasses, even so I, the Lord, forgive you; 1b nevertheless, there are those among you who have sinned exceedingly; yea, even all of you have sinned, but verily, I say unto you, 1c Beware from henceforth and refrain from sin, lest sore judgments fall upon your heads; for unto whom much is given, much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation. 1d Ye call upon my name for revelations, and I give them unto you; and inasmuch as ye keep not my sayings which I give unto you, ye become transgressors; and justice and judgment is the penalty which is affixed unto my law. 1e Therefore, what I say unto one, I say unto all: Watch, for the adversary spreadeth his dominions, and darkness reigneth; and the anger of God kindleth against the inhabitants of the earth; and none doeth good, for all have gone out of the way. 2 And now, verily, I say unto you, I, the Lord, will not lay any sin to your charge; go your ways, and sin no more; but unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return, saith the Lord, your God. 3a And again, I say unto you, I give unto you a new commandment, that you may understand my will concerning you; or, in other words, I give unto you directions how you may act before me, that it may turn to you for your salvation. 3b I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.”

We must be the salt of the earth and the light of the world which Jesus has given us to be. God will then lead us through these perilous times and we in turn can lead others to Christ.

God bless

Paul Gage


No comments:

Post a Comment