Monday, March 26, 2018

Miamia Music Festival Email Campaign ​

​From: Savannah Etter
ettersl13@gmail.com


Miamia Music Festival Email Campaign ​


Hello!

My name is Savannah Etter and I have a fantastic opportunity to sing in Miami Music Festival this summer! I have been taking voice lessons for almost three years now, have worked incredibly hard, and now have a chance to sing my first operatic role! Here are some more details.

Opportunity: Sing the role of "Mustardseed" and understudy the role of "Tytania" in Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Location: Miami, Florida
Dates: June 6-July 2
Link: www.gofundme.com/savannah-miami-music-festival (singing video included)

Opportunity Info

First, let me tell you a little bit about Miami Music Festival. The festival is an educational opportunity for students to gain opera industry level experience and to bridge the gap between education and a career. Miami Music Festival puts on six operatic productions each summer and each production takes about a month to prepare. The productions are directed by industry professionals and accompanied by a full orchestra.

This will be a tremendous networking opportunity as well because the faculty comes from the Metropolitan Opera, Washington National Opera, Houston Grand Opera, Glimmerglass, Florida Grand Opera, the Bolshoi, and the Royal Philharmonic. I will have weekly lessons and coachings on a rotating schedule so that I will be able to work with a variety of industry professionals.

In addition to the opera performance, I have the opportunity to participate in an opera scenes program, masterclasses, various extra concerts, and seminars on succeeding in the world of opera. This is exactly the sort of educational performance experience that I have been looking for and I am delighted to have this chance!

Cost

As you can imagine, the program is very costly. I have saved my earnings quite diligently but still don’t have the required funds. My goal is to raise $3,000 for the remainder of the tuition cost and housing/food for the month. I am asking for a little more than needed so that I can have enough money for travel expenses. Any donation that you are able to make is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!
Savannah



Jill Farnham Etter
Vocal Coach
MCC-Blue River
Music Arts Institute
Etter Voice Studio
816-591-4289

No comments:

Post a Comment