Friday, September 13, 2019

Testimony and Ministry Support Request

From: Holly McLean
holly4candles@hotmail.com


Testimony and Ministry Support Request


Dear Saints,

Many of you have seen the inception and growth of the ministry for moms that I have been doing for the last couple of years. (Mentor4Moms & The Mommy Answer Lady)

I have been praying about this ministry for some time and asking the Lord how I can expand it to reach more moms - even outside the restoration. Especially in the last month, I diligently prayed to God asking for Him to lead me as to how to move forward... if He willed it. Also, asking Him to take this passionate desire from my heart if it is not what He wanted me to do right now.

For over two years I have met with moms in group sessions, counseled them in person and through media, written articles in a blog, and just this last spring began an audio podcast. My whole goal is to help moms stop struggling and enjoy their children so they can have a blessed relationship and raise them to be productive and happy adults.

With these endeavors being time consuming and in addition to other obligations and ministries I currently do, my prayers were about my time management and income concerns as well as Him letting me know His will. Again, praying diligently on my way to work a couple of weeks ago, asking the Lord to let me know how to proceed with the limitations of time because of my job, and yet our need for the income from it, I pulled my car into the parking lot of my place of employment.

When I went in, the owners of the business called me into the office and let me know they were going to let me go. The two owners thanked me for my service and let me know they thought my administrative skills were excellent and would give me a glowing reference letter. I was shocked.

I had prayed for clarity on my journey and hoped that in a few years, the ministry might grow enough that I could not only help moms, but provide a replacement for my income with a book or two, podcast monetization and etc so that I might give more time to helping moms.

I must admit, I did not expect the "hammer on the head" answer I received, but believed that possibly this was the way God was telling me to move forward and step out in faith. He will provide if I work hard and grow the ministry. Was this the answer?

Not wanting to make assumptions, I prayed again over and over asking God to clarify. I decided to "set out a fleece" and see what happened. I applied for a job that I was well qualified for and also started researching ways to expand my ministry online. My fleece was set for last Wednesday. If I got a call for a followup or interview from the job, I would pursue that opportunity. If not, I would begin hearty training to learn how to grow The Mommy Answer Lady ministry.

Wednesday came and went with no call or response. But, instead, I was pumped and excited about the many opportunities for training and learning I found to grow a business that would be a ministry to moms! I decided I must step out in faith and let the Lord work regarding the expansion of the ministry and our income concerns.

I am now working on this and wanted to ask those of you who would like to help me in my endeavor to contribute in ways you believe God would lead. There are several ways you can support this ministry.

One way is to pray for me and that whatever I do, say or act within this ministry will be a blessing to the moms who are open to hearing.

You can watch for announcements from this forum (Garland's emails) or on Restoration CO-OP Facebook page that will update you on the progress and participate.

You can subscribe to my Facebook page (The Mommy Answer Lady).

You can subscribe to my website www.mommyanswerlady.com (scroll to bottom of the page to enter your email and subscribe)

I will be putting out videos in the next month, and you can then subscribe to my YouTube channel.

You can contribute a one time or monthly gift to allow me to continue through my Patreon link or Paypal at https://www.mommyanswerlady.com/links

If you believe God is speaking to your heart in this and would like to help me reach moms with a message of hope and information that will support them raising children in this sinful world, please consider acting on some or all of these opportunities.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to email me at holly4candles@hotmail.com. If you have questions for The Mommy Answer Lady, email holly@mommyanswerlady.com


Thank you for your consideration and support!

Your sister in Christ,

Holly McLean


No comments:

Post a Comment