Friday, April 17, 2020

Carolyn's Blessing 2

----- Forwarded message -----
From: Carolyn & Everett McEachern
ourfarm2@myfairpoint.net


Carolyn's Blessing 2


I RECEIVED A POEM
September 15,1999

Ev. and I were living in Poland, Maine at this time, I grew up on an island in Maine , in the town called Stonington. Stonington is where the church was . It is three hours from where Ev. and I lived in Poland. Over the past five yrs. we had held church services every other week in our home. The priesthood from Stonington took turns coming up to our home to provide the ministry. One afternoon Ev. drove to the island to attend a priesthood meeting, and he stayed at our home there, which was my parents , when they were alive.

I got up the next morning (Wednesday) and I offered a prayer to God that the Holy Spirit would be with me that day as I went about my work. (We ran a small feed store in our barn, so while Ev. was on the island I was at work there at home, running the store. ) When I got up the next morning, I turned on the computer , and opened up the RLDS message board with the idea of starting some conversation, but almost as soon as I sat down I began to receive the words of a poem. ( I don’t write poetry so I was pretty surprised) Almost immediately after finishing this poem a tune came into my head and the words to my mind said, ‘this tune can be used with this poem. I shared this on Sun. in church.

This is the poem I was given, so quickly:

What beauty there is in the gospel,
Those words from our Father above,
Who sent us his son for to save us,
And let us to know HE IS LOVE.

What beauty there is in Salvation,
The path that our footsteps can trod,
If we follow our Father to heaven
To be with our Savior and God.

What beauty there is in Baptism,
When into the water we go,
To let the world know of our wishes,
To follow our Savior here below.

What beauty there is in the Spirit,
Who on our confirmation does give,
To each of us, a portion of Heaven,
Through Laying on of hands, so to live.

Live as the Savior has asked us,
With humbleness, faithfulness and care,
To allow our dear Lord to dwell in us,
And establish HIS truths, and prepare.

Prepare for the day of HIS coming,
Is not so far distant, it seems,
Our God, and our Savior, ...is coming,
In truth and in flesh, not in dreams.

For the day of our choices is ending,
When we for a moment may ask,
Is he truly our God and our Savior?
Our petition for repentance shall pass.

The days of hesitation are over,
We must with conviction thus know
That the God that we offer our prayers to,
Is coming, and we must be ready to go.

So that was the poem I received so quickly. I still am amazed today how quickly that poem came to me, while I was sitting at the computer back in ’99. Did I receive this from the Lord. I believe so.

No comments:

Post a Comment