Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Prophecies of the Lord's Return - The 14th Dalai Lama

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Prophecies of the Lord's Return - The 14th Dalai Lama


The 14th Dalai Lama – prophesied to be the last Dalai Lama


I believe it was in 2007 that Brother R. C. Baral gave me a book entitled A Visitor’s Guide to China. It was not of immediate interest, but when the Tibetans began to demonstrate against the oppression of the Chinese government in the early months of 2008, I decided to read about Tibet. On page 294 I read, “Today the Dalai Lama [Spiritual Leader of the Buddhists] lives in Dharmsala, in India, in the foothills of the Himalayas, heading a community of forty monks in a kind of government-in-exile of the many exiled Tibetans. His picture appears in many Tibetan households, and many long for his return. He is the fourteenth Dalai Lama, and it was predicted long ago that there would be only fourteen Dalai Lamas.”

I wondered, how long ago, was long ago? Was it 50 years, 100 years, or longer? And why only fourteen Dalai Lamas? Why wouldn’t there be a fifteenth, or sixteenth, or more Dalai Lamas?

A year or so before I was given the A Visitors Guide to China, I was given a book by my secretary, Lou Waite. She had purchased a box of paperback books at a garage sale. Included in the box she found a book written in the 1960’s by a Buddhist monk, Lobsang Rampa. This was shortly after the Chinese had taken control of Tibet. This book, The Saffron Robe, yellowed with age, did not personally interest Lou. But since I had traveled in the Buddhist and Hindu world of India and Nepal, she thought I might like to read it, so she gave it to me. I accepted her gift but was not interested in reading it at that time.

The book rested in the bottom drawer of my desk for many months. Then one day, as I was pondering upon the prophecy of the Dalai Lamas that had been received “long ago,” I wondered if the book Lou had given me [The Saffron Robe] had anything to say about the ancient Buddhist prophecy on the number of Dalai Lamas? So one day early in 2008, I opened it and began to read. I had no intention of reading the entire book, but contrary to my expectations, the aged book was very interesting. I read the pages quickly in my eagerness to learn more about the life of a Buddhist monk living in the Potala Palace of Lhasa, a lamasery, home of a thousand monks!

Then on page 135, I found the answer to my question of how long ago, long ago was. I read: “I fell silent as I recalled the prophecies [Buddhist] which were made about Tibet centuries before, this meant these prophecies of “long ago” were given at least 200 years ago.

I continued to read the words of Lobsang Rampa: “I knew that in our time, in my lifetime [1910-1981] in fact, we of Tibet would have our own troubles.” And they did have troubles when in 1959-1960 China took control of their country. I continued reading: “I knew also that our own Dalai Lama would not be of the same spiritual significance.” This part of the prophecy has also been fulfilled because the current 14th Dalai Lama had to flee from Tibet at the time of the Chinese takeover and unlike the previous Dalai Lamas, he has a wide knowledge of the world; is much respected and has sent several delegations to Tibet and Beijing. He is presently 84 years old. He has lived most of his life in exile in Dharmsala, India.

As I have meditated upon the two books [double witnesses] I had been given, both with messages pertaining to the centuries-old Buddhist prophecy of the 14th Dalai Lama being the last, I thought surely the Holy Spirit had arranged this. First, the Holy Spirit had prompted Ram and Lou to buy the books, and then by the same Spirit they were led to give the books to me! In addition, in the Lord’s timing, I had become interested and read and received the messages the Lord had chosen to give me in his own creative way.

What is the significance of this knowledge revealed by the Holy Spirit? Why is the present Dalai Lama the last one? Could it be that he will be replaced by the King of Kings and Lord of lords? Does the age of the Dalai Lama [84] give us any indication of the timing of the Lord’s return?

“Even so, come, Lord Jesus”

(Revelation 22:20)

To be Continued


No comments:

Post a Comment