Friday, June 15, 2018

​Francis Harper Message for 6/15/2018

------ Forwarded message ------
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


​Francis Harper Message for 6/15/2018


Dear Ones,

Only a few have walked with God in intimate association. Enoch was among them. This man of great spiritual stature is barely mentioned in the King James Bible. He is briefly mentioned in Genesis 5:24: “And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” He and his people were translated or raptured to live in the presence of God. Those who accept the Inspired Version are blessed with more information on the life and ministry of this great man of God.

According to the Inspired Version, “The Lord said unto Enoch, Go forth, and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance . . . say unto this people, choose ye this day to serve the Lord God who made you. Behold, my Spirit is upon you; wherefore all thy words will I justify, and the mountains will flee before you, and the rivers will change from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me” (Genesis 6:33-36 IV).

“And the Lord showed Enoch all things, even unto the end of the world. And he saw the day of the righteous, the hour of their redemption, and received a fullness of joy . . . And Enoch and all his people walked with God, and he dwelt in the midst of Zion. And it came to pass, that Zion was not, for God received it up into his own bosom; and from thence went forth the saying, Zion is fled” (Genesis 7:77-78).

God made an everlasting covenant with Enoch; “And the bow [rainbow] shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant, which I made unto thy father Enoch; that, when men should keep all my commandments, Zion should again come on the earth, the city of Enoch which I have caught up unto myself. And this is mine everlasting covenant, that when thy posterity shall embrace the truth, and look upward, then shall Zion look downward, and all the heavens shall shake with gladness, and the earth shall tremble with joy. And the general assembly of the church of the first-born shall come down out of heaven, and possess the earth, and shall have place until the end come. And this is mine everlasting covenant, which I made with thy father Enoch” (Genesis 9:21-23).

Jude must have had knowledge of Enoch and his city when he wrote: “And Enoch also the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints” (Jude 1:14). John wrote: “For behold he cometh with ten thousands of his saints” (Revelation 1:7). Paul also wrote of Enoch: “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death . . . before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God” (Hebrews 11:5).

We need to pray for an eternal perspective. Our focus tends to be limited to the cares and concerns of this temporal world. Too often, we lose sight of the bigger picture. Enoch and his city called Zion, the seventh generation from Adam, are a type and shadow of the greater gathering and catching up of the saints for which we should be preparing in this seventh millennium from Adam.

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven . . . and the dead in Christ shall rise first; Then they who are alive, shall be caught up together . . . to meet the Lord in the air . . .” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

Let us pray for one another, that we “might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing (as Enoch and the people called Zion), being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God . . .” (Colossians 1:10-12).


My love to All,
Francis Harper

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Come Walk With Me


Come walk with me, is the most precious of all invitations. It is the call of God to every person on earth. “Then Jesus spake again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12).

The problem is, “And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men love darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil. For every one who doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved” (John 3:19-20).

The most intelligent and wisest decision any person can make is to choose to walk with the Lord. It is written: “If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase . . . And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people” (Leviticus 26:3-4, 12). In other words, those who walk with the Lord will be blessed in this world and in the world to come. For “eye hath not see, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Those who choose to “walk contrary” to God will be punished (Leviticus 26: 23-24). Those who follow men who walk in darkness, or who walk in the light of their own fire and in the sparks they have kindled . . . “shall lie down in sorrow” (Isaiah 50:7-8). “. . . the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps” (Jeremiah 10:23).

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now I am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken” (Psalm 37:23-24). As Jesus said; “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me” (John 14:6).

Jesus warned one who pledged: “Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.” And Jesus said unto him, “The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man hath not where to lay his head” (Matthew 8:19-20). Following Jesus has never been easy, nor will it ever be. Before choosing to walk with the Lord we need to count the cost. See Luke 14:28-33.

In the summer of 1991 the Lord called me to come walk with him by awakening me at precisely 3:33 A.M. several times. Finally, I said to him, Lord, I think I know the meaning of the number 666 but what is the meaning of 333? He immediately answered: “That is the way of the cross; I spent three hours on the cross, three days in the tomb and on the third day I arose again. He that would come after me must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me” (Matthew 16: 25 IV; 16:24 KJV). “And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:27).

“And now for a man to take up his cross, is to deny himself [of] all ungodliness, and every worldly lust, and keep my commandments” (Matthew 16:26 IV). “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father, with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works” (Matthew 16:29-30 IV; 16:26-27 KJV).

The decision to accept or reject his invitation to deny ourselves and take up our cross and follow him will determine our eternal destiny! Always remember, true discipleship is costly.



No comments:

Post a Comment