Friday, July 17, 2020

Francis Harper Message for 7/17/2020

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper


Francis Harper Message for 7/17/2020

The Testimony of Jesus

            Can we truthfully say, “I am thy fellow-servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus . . .” (Revelation 19:10)?

            Having a testimony of Jesus will determine our reward on the day of judgment when “the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books [are] opened; and another book [is] opened, which is the book of life; and the dead [are] judged out of those things which [are] written in the books, according to their works and the sea [will give] up the dead which [are] in it [the victims of the Titanic, Pearl Harbor and many more]; . . . and they [will be] judged every man according to their works” (Revelation 20:12-13). None shall escape the judgment.

            Having a testimony of Jesus is much more than simply knowing about him. We need to remember the haunting words spoken to the foolish virgins, who came “saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, Ye know me not” (Matthew 25:10-11).


            “Verily I say unto you, it is not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, that shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. For the day soon cometh, that men shall come before me to judgment, to be judged according to their works. And many will say unto me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name; and in thy name cast out devils; and in thy name done many wonderful works? Then will I say, ye never knew me; depart from me ye that work iniquity” (Matthew 7:30-33). “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them” (Matthew 7:29).

            God arranged a divine appointment for Peter with Cornelius. See Acts 10:9-33. Peter had a testimony of Jesus to share with Cornelius, a Gentile.

            Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons . . . he is Lord of all.” (Acts 10:34-36). The testimony of Jesus needs to be shared with all nations.

            Peter continued: “. . . God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power; who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree. Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick [the living] and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sin . . . And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord” (Acts 10:38-43, 48).

            Nephi, another servant of the Lord, shared his testimony of Jesus: “O’ then, my beloved brethren, come unto the Lord, the Holy One. Remember that his paths are righteousness. Behold the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate [to the kingdom] is the Holy One of Israel [Jesus]: and he employeth no servant there; [He will do the judging]. And there is none other way, save it be by the gate, for he can not be deceived; for the Lord God is his name” (2 Nephi 6:79-82).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Dear Ones,

            As Peter said, “. . . We have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eye witnesses of his majesty (2 Peter 1:16).    

            The latter day prophet wrote: “We, Joseph Smith, Jr., and Sidney Rigdon, being in the Spirit on February 16, 1832, by the power of the Spirit our eyes were opened, and our understandings were enlightened, so as to see and understand the things of God; . . . speaking of the resurrection of the dead, concerning those who shall hear the voice of the Son of Man, and shall come forth; they who have done good in the resurrection of the just, and they who have done evil in the resurrection of the unjust . . . and we beheld the glory of the Son, on the right hand of the Father, and received of his fullness; and saw the holy angels, and they who are sanctified before his throne, worshiping God and the Lamb, who worship him for ever and ever.

            “And, now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him, that he lives; for we saw him, even on the right hand of God; . . . And again we bear record for we saw and heard, and this is the testimony of the gospel of Christ, concerning them who come forth in the resurrection of the just [celestial glory]: they are they who received the testimony of Jesus, and were baptized after the manner of his burial, being buried in the water in his name, and this according to the commandment which he has given, that by keeping the commandments, they might be washed and cleansed from all their sins, and receive the Holy Spirit by the laying on of the hands of him who is ordained and sealed unto this power; . . .these are they whom he shall bring with him, when he shall come in the clouds of heaven, to reign on the earth over his people” (Doctrine and Covenants 76:3-a, d, f, g; 5-a-c, k).

            More recently, in 1991, I was privileged to meet Ron Wyatt, Biblical Archaeologist, who shared of seeing an angelic person at the Garden Tomb in Jerusalem. The personage said to Ron: “The Father will bless you for what you are doing here.” Ron said it was at least an angel but he believed it may have been Jesus Christ.

            On November 2, 2005, I met Dil and Rebecca Gurung of Satdobato, Kathmandu, Nepal. They were baptized in early May of 2006. Both of these good people had received strong testimonies of Jesus Christ before I met them. I asked them to share their testimonies in their own words.

            Rebecca gave this testimony: “My name is Rebecca Gurung and my husband name Dil Gurung. I have three sons. My first son’s name is Ashish [which means Blessing] Gurung, and second is Biswas [meaning Believe] Gurung. My youngest son Simon [Christian name].

            “I am very happy in my life because I have believed Son of God, Jesus Christ. First I was not Christian; I was not believe in God. I was thinking that “God is not here any thing when my mother was sick and I take Hindu god fast, but my mother has died. That’s I thought no God is here after some time I have marry [her first husband died], and often some time I get sick and doctor also give the time to dead, but my husband family was Christian and in my heart I was thinking that Jesus will heal me and I was sleeping on the bed and so many believer come to my house and they were praying for me and suddenly there was so light. One man was standing front me and calling me, ‘daughter you come with me I will give the life bread,’ and I wake up. I kneel down on the floor that time I don’t know but I was praying to God. And get well. Now I am pleased with God willingness to do so and have blessed me in many mighty ways beyond God understanding.”

            Dil’s testimony was expressed in these words: “My name is Dil Gurung. I come from Buddhism family. February 1990, one night I am sleeping on my bed midnight. Somebody calling my name, three time, Dil, Dil, Dil. I wake up and open the door but there was nobody and next night same time that voice call me again. I wake up again but saw anybody. Third night the same time I was vision that one man was standing in my bedroom. He got so many light on his face I can’t see that face and same voice call me again, Dil you come to me. That time I was so happy and feel so good, no any tation [no problem] in my life. I was very joy.

            “Next morning I ask my friend, you know about this things, but my friend also don’t know about my vision. After same day I and my friend move from New Delhi, India to Darjeeling and I was visit to my friend brother house, pastor in Darjeeling, so he told me about the vision and I believed Son of God. Now my family are all Christian and God blessing our family.”

My Love to All,

High Priest Francis Harper





No comments:

Post a Comment