Thursday, November 10, 2022

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD NOVEMBER 10, 2022

 From: Paul Gage

pauljg_64055@yahoo.com

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD NOVEMBER 10, 2022

Salutations to all of God’s children wherever you may be. “Give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good; because His mercy endureth forever.” Psalm 118:1.

Are you living in the Kingdom weekly or weakly? Every day is a challenge for each of us to put God first in our lives. In his “Diary of Private Prayer,” John Baillie had the following questions for himself. As we seek ways to effectively follow Jesus Christ, we might offer this prayer:

O merciful, Father, who dost look down upon the weaknesses of Thy human children more in pity than in anger, and more in love than in pity, let me now in Thy Holy presence inquire into the secrets of my own heart:

Do I do those things to fulfill the purpose for which Thou has created me?
Do I accept such opportunities of service as Thou has set before me?
Do I perform without omission the plain duties of each day?
Give me grace to answer honestly, O God.

Do I do such things that tarnish my Christ like image?
Am I lazy in body, or drooping in spirit?
Do I wrongfully indulge my bodily appetites?
Do I keep my imagination pure and healthy?
Am I totally honest in all my dealings with others?
Am I transparently sincere in all I profess to be, feel or do?
Give me grace to answer honestly, O God.

Do I try to see myself as others see me?
Do I make more excuses for myself than I am willing to make for others?
In my own home, am I a peace-maker or a strife maker?
Do I, while professing noble sentiments for great causes and distant objects, fail even in common charity and courtesy towards those nearest to me?
Give me grace to answer honestly, O God.

Dear Father, take each day’s life into Thine own keeping. Control all my thoughts and feelings. Direct all my energies. Instruct my mind, sustain my will. Take my hands and make them skillful to serve Thee. Take my feet and make them swift to do Thy bidding. Take my eyes and keep them fixed upon Jesus. Take my mouth and make it eloquent in testimony of Thy love. Make each day a day of greater obedience to Thy commandments as well as a day of spiritual joy and peace. Make each day’s life a significant part of the work of living in the Kingdom of God. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth and in our lives, as it is done in Heaven.

God be with you, always,

Paul Gage



No comments:

Post a Comment