Friday, March 15, 2019

Francis Harper Message for 3/15/2019

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Francis Harper Message for 3/15/2019


Dear Ones,

In the early 1990’s the Lord began awaking me at 3:33 A.M. The first time this happened I dismissed it just as an unusual coincidence. But when it happened again on successive mornings I said, “Lord, I think I know the meaning of 666 but what is the meaning of 333?” I was immediately answered: “This is the way of the cross, I spent three hours on the cross, three days in the tomb and on the third day I arose again. He that would come after me must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” I felt the Lord in this experience was calling me to a new level of discipleship. Since that time I have endeavored to be a better disciple.

I have thought of my experiences being similar to the Lord awaking Samuel three times in the night before it was recognized that it was the Lord calling (1 Samuel 3:8). And of Isaiah, who wrote: “He waketh morning by morning, he waketh mine ear to hear as the learned. The Lord God hath appointed mine ears” (Isaiah 50:4-5).

The Lord has used this number on many occasions as an alert that he has a message for me. Whenever I see the number I know his presence is with me and I ask as Eli suggested: “Speak Lord, for thy servant heareth” (1 Samuel 3:9).

On May 9, 2009, as I was waiting in Hong Kong for the departure of my flight to the USA, I began to wonder about the time. Since I rarely wear a wrist watch, I walked down the concourse expecting to see a clock in one of the many shops, but I did not succeed in finding one.

After returning to my seat, a young lady came and asked if I would watch her luggage while she did some shopping. Evidently I appeared as someone she could trust. I asked if she could tell me the time. She took a quick look at her cell phone and said: “It is 3:33.” I thanked her and said: “This is going to be a good flight!” Later when she returned, I learned that she was from the Philippines. Then I explained why I had said: “This is going to be a good flight.” I told her how the Lord has used this number as a signal that he has a message for me and I am assured that his presence is with me. This being similar to the ringing of her cell phone being a signal that someone has a message for her.

As I continued to wait for our departure I thanked the Lord for the assurance he had given me, even as he had assured Moses so long ago. “My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.” May each of you have this blessed assurance always.

My Love to All,
High Priest Francis Harper

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Presence Shall Go With Thee

“My presence shall go with thee” (Exodus 33:14). This promise was given to Moses before the children of Israel entered their promised land.

After the promise, my presence shall go with thee, the Lord continued: “and I will give thee rest.” In other words: I will give you peace, comfort, confidence and assurance.

This promise has been fully tested and proven valid by the believers of every generation since the days of Moses. People of faith can face the uncertainties of the future with confidence because they know the Lord’s presence will be with them. As we sing: “See the clouds are silver lined! What assurance need we more? God is ever true and kind” (Hymns of the Restoration #51).

After the Lord promised Moses: “My presence shall go with thee,” Moses said: “If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? Is it not in that thou goest with us? So shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth” (Exodus 33:15-16).



On January 24, 1863, Charles Derry, one of the first Reorganized Latter Day Saint missionaries, left New York City by “steamer” for a mission in England. He wrote: “I realized I was on the Lord’s errand and I had no fears.” He was conscious of the Lord’s presence with him. “The thought came, God has sent me and He will take care of me, I slept soundly . . . After midnight our vessel rushed into an ice field . . . I was awakened by a crash, followed by a fearful, grinding sound as though the vessel was dragging on rocks . . . Terror filled every heart. They came to me cringing, expressing their fears, declaring the vessel must sink. I told them, I came on this vessel in the name of the Lord God Almighty, trusting in Him, and this vessel will carry me to Liverpool, or some other will. I am going there. They looked upon me as a strange being, but I had no fear” (Autobiography of Elder Charles Derry, page 113). Elder Derry had the confident assurance that the presence of the Lord was with him.

The Apostle Paul warned: “This know also, that in the last days perilous times will come” (2 Timothy 3:1). After this introduction he listed a great number of the perils we face today; perils that endanger us, both body and soul. The perils that may destroy our souls are the most formidable. The counsel of Jesus is most appropriate: “Fear not them who are able to kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him [Satan] who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:25 IV; 10:28 KJV).

We need to remember: “The Lord is nigh to all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth” (Psalm 145:18). The Lord’s presence is always near and ever ready to assist us when we call upon him in truth; from the heart.

When his presence is with us we can cope with any foe. If we are wise we will covet the Lord’s presence. We should pray even as Moses prayed: “Now therefore, I pray thee if I have found grace in thy sight, show me now thy way, that I may know thee . . .” (Exodus 33:13). And the Lord said: “My presence shall go with thee , and I will give thee rest.” (Exodus 33:14).

The Lord will respond to this prayer today even as he did in the days of Moses. Our God is unchangeable. We “are all alike unto God” (2 Nephi 11:115). He will give us confidence as we sing: “God is my strong salvation, what foe have I to fear? In darkness and temptation, my light my help is near. Though hosts encamp around me, firm to the fight I stand. What terror can confound me with God at my right hand?” (Hymns of the Restoration, #288).




No comments:

Post a Comment