Friday, December 27, 2019

Francis Harper Message 2 for 1/3/2020

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Francis Harper Message 2 for 1/3/2020

Dear Ones,

Horatio Spafford was a latter day Job who suffered similar losses, yet neither did his faith waver. We are indebted to him for his song; “It is Well With My Soul.”

The song “It Is Well With My Soul” was written by a successful Christian lawyer Horatio Spafford. His only son died at age 4 in 1871. In 1872, the great Chicago fire wiped out his vast estate, made from a successful legal career. In 1873 he sent his wife & 4 daughters over to Europe on a summer trip on the ill fated SS Ville du Havre. Since he had a lot of work to do, he planned to follow them later. The Ship sank and he lost his 4 daughters with the wife being the only survivor. She sent him a famous telegram which simply read, “SAVED ALONE . . .” On his return home, his Law firm was burned down and the insurance company refused to pay him. They said “it’s an Act of God.” He had no money to pay for his house and no work, he also lost his house. Then while sitting and thinking what’s happening to him, being a spiritual person, he wrote a song – “Whatever, my Lord, You have taught me to say – It is well, it is well with my soul.”


It Is Well With My Soul

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Thou Satan should buffet, thou’ trials should come, Let this blest assurance control, that Christ has regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin oh, the bliss of this glorious tho’t My sin not in part, but the whole, Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And, Lord, haste the day when our faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll, The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend, “Even so” it is well with my soul.
It is well, with my soul, It is well, it is well, with my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment