Thursday, February 21, 2019

​Reminder - Solemn Assembly

​----- Forwarded message -----
From: Jon Tandy
tandyland@earthlink.net


​Reminder - Solemn Assembly


The Waldo Avenue Restoration Branch
invites you to attend a
Solemn Assembly

Sunday, February 24, 6:00 PM
819 West Waldo Avenue
Independence MO 64050

What is a solemn assembly?

Simply, it is a sacred gathering in which we recognize our desperate need and come with solemn petition before the Lord in fasting and prayer, confessing our sins and appealing to the throne of heaven for deliverance.

“Turn to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning; repent, and turn unto the Lord, your God; for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness; and he will turn away the evil from you.

“Blow the trumpet in Zion; sanctify a fast; call a solemn assembly; gather the people; sanctify the congregation; assemble the elders.

“Let the priests weep and say, Spare thy people, O Lord” (Joel 2:12-17).

Whether or not you are able to gather with us on February 24, we invite you to spend time in fasting and prayer on Wednesdays, however and whenever you choose, throughout the coming months.

Please make a special mention in your prayers for the covenant people, the house of Israel, considering the promises of the Lord to them.

“At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fullness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations,... behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fullness of my gospel from among them. And then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them” (3Ne 7:34-36).

“All the kindreds of the earth cannot be blessed unless he shall make bare his arm in the eyes of the nations...in bringing about his covenants and his gospel unto those who are of the house of Israel” (1Ne 7:21-22).

Jon Tandy

No comments:

Post a Comment