Friday, April 17, 2020

Carolyn's Blessing 3

----- Forwarded message -----
From: Carolyn & Everett McEachern
ourfarm2@myfairpoint.net


Carolyn's Blessing 3

If any of you on this mailing have anything that God has done for you, a blessing of some kind, I hope you will share it with me so I can pass it on to others. Since no one today has sent anything, I 'll take one from my 'Book of Blessings',,,


TOMMY’S TESTIMONY

[Alma 16:220] Cry unto him over the crops of your fields, that ye may prosper in them: cry over the flocks of your fields, that they may increase.

[James 5:16] Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
[James 5:17] Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain; and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

Does God want us to pray over all things? I believe so. Elias prayed that it might not rain, and it didn’t for three years and six months.

Everett and I(Carolyn) moved out to Odessa, Missouri in March of 2000. He had accepted a job as caretaker of our church campgrounds out there. Shortly after we arrived, this incident happened.
When we lived in Maine, we kept our cats inside, so when we moved to Odessa, we lived on a campground that was 50+ acres. I was happy that our kitties could run and be outside. That May, on one particular night, the cats had gone out for the night. Tommy,(nicknamed Ugly) ugly because he was mean to the other kitties when he was small, one of our yellow tiger cats didn’t come back the next morning . A week passed,(they NEVER stayed away from their food dish more than a few hours.) and by now it seemed obvious that we had probably lost him , most likely to an animal. So after one week, as I lay in bed one night, I was talking to God asking for his watchcare over those on our prayer list. As I lay there the thought occurred to me to pray for my kitty. (I’d never prayed for an animal before.) Well, I said, “Dear Lord, if my kitty is dead I pray his little soul is safe with you. But Dear Lord, if he is alive will you help him to come home to us.(This may sound foolish to some, to pray for an animal, but not to me, Ev. and I were never blessed with children of our own so we love our pets, and our kitties had been born at our home in Maine and we’d had them several years.) As I lay there talking to God about helping Tommy get home, before I had even said ‘Amen,’ I heard a faint little ‘Mew’ and got up thinking that it was probably one of the other cats out in the foyer. As I got out of bed, I put the porch light on “just in case” and crawling up the bottom step-with a broken back leg and very bitten up on the other leg was Tommy. His hind end was infected, full of holes where a cat (the vet thought) bit his back legs and broke his other back leg. How, I don’t know, but there he was. He had been gone for seven days. And he returned before I said ‘Amen’. WOW! The next morning I took him to the Vet’s in Odessa. They kept him a day and a half. Put him on antibiotics and told me his leg was too infected to operate on. So, I brought him home and for many days he layed around. I didn’t even see him eat so for the first day I force fed him. Then I decided that if he was going to live he’d have to eat on his own. I guess he had been because he is much better, is back outside most of the time and has straightened out his leg to pretty much where it was before. Other than the bump which will probably always be there where the bone was broken.

Now, I know some will scoff at this testimony and that’s fine. For me, I learned something. God wants us to rely on HIM for all things. If we have the faith to believe, he says ‘All things are possible’. Well, I tested that theory, and this testimony was the end result. I can tell you that I was flabbergasted as I lay in that bed that night and prayed for Tommy and immediately heard that faint little ‘mew’. He struggled so hard to make it up that first cement step. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Where was MY faith? I’d just prayed for him and there he was, What did I expect? Did I expect to have that prayer answered, No, I don’t think I had the faith to believe, but I’ll tell you, now, that I do. Because I realize through that testimony and many others, that we as humans do not know God, we tend to put HIM in a nice cozy small box making him a God we can comprehend. God is beyond our comprehension. Test it for yourself sometime. And if you ‘KNOW’ God IS, ... then keep at it, until you have the faith to believe that with God, all things are possible. I hadn’t expected an answer to that prayer, and certainly not that FAST !!

No comments:

Post a Comment