Thursday, January 20, 2022

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD JANUARY 20, 2022

From: Paul Gage



LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD

JANUARY 20, 2022

 

Greetings to the Dear Saints Around the World,

 Living in the Kingdom of God has a lot of implications. Now is the time to give them some thought. Since the scriptures admonish us to "examine ourselves" (II Corinthians 13:5), we should therefore, be more concerned about our own spiritual condition than that of others. After all, it is much easier to see the little things in others than the big things in us, right? Well, not according to Jesus in Luke 6:40-42.

 A priesthood member at Waldo Avenue RB preached last Sunday about sin. Was that SIN? Yes!

He confessed some of his own sins, which we are told to do. After few things, he could have been talking about me or maybe you. He did not confess anything great dramatic things, but those little things that we all let keep us just a little off track. Things like not enough time and devotion to fasting, praying, studying, etc. You know, those kingdom building characteristics that help us maintain a kingdom quality life.

 We have probably all had the experience of having day "perfectly planned" only to find obstacles in the way.  You have heard, I'm sure about the guy who was on his way from Jerusalem down to Jericho and fell among thieves. That was not his original plan for the day.  Full details in Luke 10:31-38. Thankfully, we don't often fall among "real thieves", but many times those little thieves attack and delay our plans for kingdom living. Things like as the hymn says, ":We repent the times we've stood, for the things of lesser good and for stewardship of time, we have spent unlinked with Thine"

 It isn't always that we may get off track, but how quickly we realize it and get back on track.. We know Jesus will always be there to help and direct us. A song was written, called, "One Day at a Time." It mainly speaks of being human and needing God's help each step of every day. To believe in what we can be and all that we are. Trusting God to help us stay on the pathway to his kingdom and realize we need his help one day at a time. It says, "give me the strength to do every day what I have to do." Every day becomes new day in living in the Kingdom of God.

 The Conference of Restoration Elders (CRE) has produced a Daily Devotional guide which is now on Day 17 and goes through April 30, 2022. It is entitled, "Jesus and You in 2022" and is available on the CRE website at eldersconference.org. Such things can help keep us on the right path. In the current issue of "Tidings of Zion" the theme is announced for the June 19-24, 2022 Restoration Branch Family Reunion and CRE. It is "Take Upon You the Name of Christ and Run the Race." Every day, living in the Kingdom is part of that race. Read the articles in this Tidings to better understand what the race is that we are involved in.

 The following words to the song "The Call" by Larry Jordan, April 7, 1983 may be helpful.

 From the beginning until the end my joy, my glory, to be your friend,

To go together through eternity, there with my Father, what joy there’ll be.

  I’ve seen your struggles; I’ve felt your pain. I’ve known your sorrows dark in the rain.

I’ll take your heartache, sadness and strife, and give you peace for the rest of your life.

  I’ll heal your sorrows, I’ll soothe your pain, give you sunny tomorrows, rainbows through the rain. Keep my commandments.  I am the Way. If you would go with me then do what I say.

  Can you hear me calling?  Can you hear my voice?  Can you hear me pleading as you make your choice? My yoke is easy.  My burden is Light.  If we walk together, everything is all right.

 Chorus:

I ran the race.  I fought the fight. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.

I paid the price so you could be free. I gave you everything, what will you give to me?

 

Remember, Jesus is the Lead Runner.

God Bless

Paul Gage



No comments:

Post a Comment