Monday, January 17, 2022

Who Killed Joseph Smith

From: Frank Frye

frankfrye@gmail.com



Who Killed Joseph Smith




I'm not sure how Brother Jim McKay found this video, but he sent it to me this afternoon.  Patti and I just finished watching it.  It is very professionally produced and worth your time.  I was able to download it and make a DVD of it.  You should should be able to download it also.  It will be in mp4 format and will play on any computer.  You might want to use it for a study class and / or share with others.  It is 1 hr 38 min long.  It sounds long, but you won't be bored.


In 1992 while teaching at CPRS in Independence, I recorded a presentation by Joseph M. Smith with an old VHS video camera for my Church History class.  I loaned only one copy of it to a friend, while planning to upgrade it later.  I've even gone to Carthage and shot a lot of still photos and videos recently in order to do that.   Now, years later, I found out that someone had made a copy of my old video and uploaded it to YouTube.  I just found out about that a little more than a year ago.  In the meantime, apparently a lot of Mormons had seen it.  Last year I got a call from an ex-LDS in Utah and he said, "I've been looking for you for years."  He had seen my "Carthage Conspiracy" video on YouTube and thought I was the one who taught the class.  I had never put my name on it, even though Joseph had called me by name during his presentation.  Anyway, the new ex-LDS from Utah and I still talk by phone once or twice a month.


The attached video link is a very well done video documentary made by an LDS that just got excommunicated for making it public.  He has obviously put a lot more money into this project than I have to use.  I believe that his video crew actually built a life-sized replica of the room where the murders of Joseph and Hyrum took place in the Carthage Jail.  His video is bound to have more impact on the LDS church than anything that I might put together, simply because he was part of the LDS church.  If I had made it, even if it were of equal quality, it would appear to be just another attack from an outsider.


Much of the information that is in this video is also contained on the one that I recorded in 1992.  It is hard for me to believe that this producer came to the same exact conclusions as were on my video.  Especially when the producer even includes about 10 to 20 seconds of the video that I made in my classroom.  The thesis of this video, the recording I made in 1992 and my own research since the 1960s has always been that Joseph & Hyrum were eliminated by an "inside job."  Brother Lynn Smith told me the same about his family's beliefs.  He was Elbert A. Smith's son.  Elbert A. was a grandson of Joseph Smith, Jr.

I hope be able to contact the producer because I've got more information that may be important for his next video that apparently is in progress now.


Anyway.  Enjoy this video.

Frank Frye

No comments:

Post a Comment