Thursday, January 6, 2022

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD JANUARY 6, 2022

 From: Paul Gage



LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD

JANUARY 6, 2022

 

NEW YEAR'S GREETINGS AND BLESSING TO ALL THE SAINTS,

I am changing the title of my weekly article to "Living in the Kingdom of God." Some might ask, "Why?" My answer, so we might approach the idea of living in the kingdom from its totality. As we know, all of the spiritual disciplines are vital to our daily spiritual development, but sometimes if we just concentrate on a few, we could lose sight of the whole. The concept of living in the Kingdom therefore calls us to give time and thought to every aspect of our daily life.

An old favorite gospel hymn, entitled "Living for Jesus," was taken from the thought in Colossians 1:10-13, "10.  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God, 11. Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness, 12.  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light, 13.  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. (Inspired Version)

Living for Jesus, a life that is true,                  Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,    This is the pathway of blessing for me.

Living for Jesus Who died in my place,         Bearing on Calv’ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,   Follow His leading and give Him my all.

Living for Jesus, wherever I am,                     Doing each duty in His holy Name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,               Deeming each trial a part of my cross.

Living for Jesus through earth’s little while,  My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,      Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

Refrain: O Jesus, Lord and Savior, I give myself to Thee,

For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne;
My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone.

 

A new daily devotional guide is available on the Conference of Restoration Elders (CRE)  website at eldersconference.org. It is entitled, "Jesus and You in 2022. We encourage everyone to use it each day to help us stay "in the Kingdom" and "living in the Kingdom of God."

God's best for you in 2022.

Paul Gage



No comments:

Post a Comment