Saturday, January 7, 2023

A Call for Help

 

Restoration News <gdschnack@hotmail.com>Unsubscribe
To:Garland Schnack
Sat, Jan 7 at 9:21 AM

 

A Call for Help

From: Carina Adams
carinaadams007@hotmail.com

A Call for Help

Hello Saints,

This is Carina Adams; I have been praying and studying to try to find a solution to a few things. I came upon a few scriptures.

2 Corinthians 1:11 that says " Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
Hebrews 5: 10 & 11 " For God is not unrighteous, therefore he will not forget your work and labour of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end."
Hebrews 12:5-6 & 21 "Let your consecrations be without covetousness; and be content with giving such things as ye have; for he hath said, I will never leave thee, no forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. *21 Make you perfect, in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." The last and most important scripture comes from Sec 82. The two verses I will quote are 1a and 2b.
1a "Verily, thus saith the Lord, in addition to the laws of the church concerning women and children, those who belong to the church, who have lost their husbands or fathers:" 2a; "And the storehouse shall be kept by the consecrations of the church, the widows and orphans shall be provided for, as also the poor. Amen."

      These all rang true so here I am writing to His Saints, both humble handmaidens and His sons whether in His priesthood or not. I have been struggling with my faith since my husband passed 15 months ago. I didn't want to be here, I didn't think I had anyone, and it took losing a good job, a home, and almost the comfort of my own children to realize I needed to change. So, I started going to reunions, talking to priesthood, using the resources provided by churches, and praying again. Through this I realize that I need to put aside my pride and ask God and His Son to guide me in asking the church for the help needed. In the course of the last year, I had some great testimonies to share, and many thanks to give. The most recent being my trailer which a few saints helped me to get so we had a house of our own to have our fresh restart. We will get a move date for it to be here in Lexington by the end of the month if the weather continues to cooperate, I am praying for a mild January so this can be accomplished.
      I will be trying to go back to school in the fall, I am trying to spend more time with my kids, I pray and study more, I frequent church more, and I try to teach my kids better than I have. My new outlook for 2023 is to be more optimistic not pessimistic, be humble, and be more faithful.
      I come now humbly in faith and trust and must ask assistance once again. I am not as healthy as I would like, and my father just had his 63rd birthday. We need help to make this home livable for all involved. My son has a dust mite allergy and horrible chronic eczema, and I have an autoimmune disease. I am not complaining, I am just being honest in the fact we need help. Pride is a virtue I know has no place in a church home.
      I will find a way to pay everyone within the next year or two if I need to draw up contracts, but this is where faith and trust come in. In this trailer we need a few things, which is why I am asking for donations of materials you no longer need, time, and labour. But I promise to do as much as I can until I can do no more, I want to work alongside you and help where I can help. I may not be in the trades of electrician, plumber, carpenter, or construction worker, but I will try.
      As you can see below it is a lot and not all need to be done at once. I am trying to make a 5-year plan unless I receive a miracle and we can get all this done this year. The Major things are entirely deep cleaned, floors and stabilization of them and have one functioning bathroom in there, to vent the dryer to prevent fires, and get rid of outside spigot to save water.
      So, if you pray and find you can help in any aspect in the coming year, please do not hesitate to email or call my cell at 660-251-8651. If I do not answer I am work, but that is far and in-between as we just got back from Christmas break. Please just leave a voicemail. I love you all and thank you and Him and His Son for all that has come forth lately. Have a blessed day.

Mrs. Carina Adams

Master Bath:
Walls cleaned, windows caulked, needs a gut, new floors with stabilization, new vanity, moving of shower that will need replaced due to black mold, a linen closet built.

Master Bedroom:
Walls and closet cleaned, windows caulked, all carpet ripped out, floors stabilized, windows caulked.

Kitchen:
Walls and cabinets cleaned, floors up to quarter by the sliding door cleaned, floors by sliding door and laundry room ripped up, replaced and stabilized. Cabinets sanded and painted, knobs replaced, dishwasher part replaced, mirror wall removed, sliding removed, if possible (yes, I will lose all that light, but weather wise the sliding doors need to go away or replaced, but a wall is cheaper), dryer vented outside, appliances cleaned in and out and behind, last window caulked, outside back door replaced and door frame rebuilt.

Living Room:
Walls cleaned, entire length ripped out, replaced, and stabilized, windows caulked, mold removed, mirrors removed, front door replaced, door frame rebuilt.

Hallway:
Fix the little part by bathroom and put continuing floor from living room in the hall.

1st Bedroom-my son:
Deep cleaned, carpet ripped out and re-stabilize where needed, caulk the window.

2nd Bedroom-my daughter:
Deep cleaned, carpet ripped out and re stabilize where needed, caulk windows.

Outside:
Use my reclaimed wood to build stairs and caulk all windows outside to keep out elements, removed outer spigot which is leaking like a sieve, check all electric tape and pipes underneath make sure none need replaced. Eventually build a better back stair and porch. Check roof for rot.



 

©2023 Restoration News | Garland Schnack Independence MO 64058

 
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company


No comments:

Post a Comment