Thursday, December 2, 2021

FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD DECEMBER 2, 2021

 From: paul gage


FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD

DECEMBER 2, 2021

Greetings to the lovely Saints around the world,

As you all know, wherever you live, we are now into perhaps the most exciting time of each year. I am reminded of this every time I go in or out of my office at home. I have a short message taped to the door which reads, "Have you heard? It's almost Christmas! The best time of the year! Love Tyler and Alexsandra. They are my two grandchildren. They are both in their twenties now, but the message is still the same.

We know, of course, that the entire life of Jesus Christ is vital to us, but without His being born into the world, the rest of His life would not have happened. God had a plan and Jesus was involved in the planning and implementation of that plan. The truth is very plain in John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave...." Because God gave, we have the opportunity to receive that wonderful gift of our Lord and Savior and that is so relevant at this time of year.

People have argued and debated for years trying to determine exactly when Jesus was born. The exact date is not so important when compared with why He came and what His coming has done for us. As we receive the ministry of Jesus Christ, we are called to prepare ourselves so that we can share Him with others. I Peter 3:15 states, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer with meekness, and fear to every man that asketh of you a reason for the hope that is in you."

What better time to share that hope, which is Jesus Christ with others. I had a unique experience today. The lady cutting my hair asked me if I had plans for the rest of the day. Of all the things I could have said, my answer was "I will be working on a sermon to preach Sunday night." One thing led to another other when she told me her brother was married to a "Mormon." We talked about that and I gave her a rundown of church history and explained the purpose of the Book of Mormon. I asked her if she had ever read the Book of Mormon and she said that she had not. As I checked out, I asked her if she would like a copy of the Book of Mormon and she said that she would. I happened to have a copy in my vehicle.

So what does all that have to do with fasting, praying, studying and living for the Kingdom of God? Everything! It is our diligence in preparing ourselves through the spiritual disciplines that God will use us to share the gospel.

Two of my favorite Christmas hymns are "Silent Night" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem." Why? Because in the third verse of "Silent Night" it says, "Son of God, LOVE'S pure light...", Jesus is the pure light of God's love.  The fourth verse of "O Little Town.." states, " O Holy Child of Bethlehem, descend to us we pray; Cast out our sin and enter in, Be born in us today." As Christ is born in us, through our faithfulness, we then can share His Love with the world.


Merry Christmas and God bless...

Paul Gage




No comments:

Post a Comment