Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Neighborhood Transformation Resources

 From: Muriel L



Neighborhood Transformation Resources
 
Hello, Initiative and Unity Center Friends,

Watch the video below to meet Penny Browning, a neighbor on S. Crysler Avenue. I met Penny two weeks ago through Chrys Sevic, Tree Trails Neighborhood Transformation Leader. Penny and Mark opened their home to the community for dinner through NEXT DOOR.com. Chrys told me about it and Bruce and I went. Twelve of us RSVP'd. It turned out that I had been to the Brownings home many times for women's tea, when Mary Jo and Jim Stayton owned the "Barn House" at 12011 E. 37th Street. 

Penny recently embarked on a YouTube video ministry and the link below is her first video. Her passion is creating community with her neighbors. She is a treasure! I think you will think so, too.
If you have trouble getting the link to work, type in OPEN DOOR FARM.There is another OPEN DOORS FARM, so you will have to click on "VIEW ALL" and that should get you to their video.

There is another link I am passing along, where Penny directed me to learn about Biblical hospitality. I hope you dive into it and enjoy that as well. Neighborhood Transformation begins with just opening the door. 

https://www.lifeway.com/en/product-family/just-open-the-door      (30 minutes)   You may have to copy and paste the links.

Muriel Luedeman
816-726-8425


No comments:

Post a Comment