Sunday, September 13, 2020

"City of Our God" Initiative

From:  Brenda VanFleet



"City of Our God" Initiative
 
Hello Brothers and Sisters of Independence,

The Lord has placed a great vision in my heart and I have seen what we as the residents of Independence can do as we stand together for our God.  Sunday, September 6, 2020 the Lord gave me a remembrance, a vision you might call it.  I saw the entire City of Independence, thousands upon thousands of believers displaying yard signs, window signs and billboards all proclaiming that This Great City of Independence is the City of our God.  

This gave birth to the "City of Our God Initiative"  The time is short and there is much to do in spreading the word and we need everyone who believes in God and believes This City is the City of Our God.  God said it and it is now time for us to proclaim it, declare it and embrace it.  Many have said to me this week, this city is corrupt and fallen, but I believe God is calling us to stand on the truth of HIs Word.  God called for light in the midst of darkness, so we are calling for this Great City to be The City of Our God as He has said!  D&C 94: 5b...Surely Zion is the city of our God; and surely Zion can not fall, neither be moved out of her place, for God is there, and the hand of the Lord is there, and he hath sworn by the power of his might to be her salvation, and her high tower;"   It is my prayer that the Holy Spirit will convict your hearts as He has done mine and that together we will show the world that we are, even as God hath said, "The City of Our God"
We are asking every believer to post signs in their yards starting September 21st proclaiming this great truth.  For more information and the full testimony please checkout the website. Attached is a flyer you can print off and hand out.  Both 1/2 page and full page.




This Great City of Independence needs our mighty prayer, she needs God's people to make a stand and outwardly declare God's sovereignty in our city.  Please ask the Lord who you can share this message with, neighbors, maybe neighbors you've never even spoken with, family, coworkers,  Pray with me for a mighty rushing wave of passion and love for our God and for This His City, to sweep over this land of Independence.  I would never believe it could happen, but I bare testimony to you that I saw it.  If I could share that vision with you in any greater way than this, I would.  It is possible, but everyone, I mean everyone is needed.  Maybe you can't get out of the house, it's okay, call people, text them the flyer or website whatever you can do, I pray that we will truly put our hand to the plow this week and Monday, September 21st, God's mighty hand will show forth in this Great City of Independence, 
This City of Our God!

May God magnify our efforts and desires to this end!
Thank you,
Ron and Brenda VanFleet



No comments:

Post a Comment