Thursday, June 9, 2022

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD JUNE 9, 2022

 From: Paul Gage

pauljg_64055@yahoo.com

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD JUNE 9, 2022

June Greetings to all the Saints Around the World.

How are things going in your continued efforts of fasting, praying, studying and living in the Kingdom? Do you “feel” the Kingdom feeling? Do you have that “joy, joy, joy down in your heart? How about in your daily interactions with others, especially family and fellow church members?

We know that one of the descriptive statements about Enoch’s city is, “They were of one heart and one mind.” I don’t know if they achieved that the first time they were gathered into the city or whether it took some length of time to achieve it. While we are not in that type situation, we have the calling to be an example, like Jesus, so others may see Him and the Kingdom in us.

We have our regular worship services, camps, retreats, reunions and such, which are great for renewing in us a greater desire to return to the daily grind and make a difference in the lives of those we meet. Many times those experiences are short lived and we find ourselves back in “the groove.” Sensing that this seems to be part of the natural person, we must diligently seek the Lord to have His Spirit with us to be able to overcome the natural person.

One song says, “Living for Jesus a life that is true, Striving to please Him in ALL that I do. Yielding allegiance glad-hearted and free. This is the pathway of blessing for me. Another song entitled, “I Then Shall Live,” by Gloria Gaither says a lot about kingdom living

I then shall live as one who's been forgiven. I'll walk with joy to know my debts are paid.
I know my name is clear before my Father; I am His child and I am not afraid.
So, greatly pardoned, I'll forgive my brother; The law of love I gladly will obey.

I then shall live as one who's learned compassion. I've been so loved, that I'll risk loving too.
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges; I'll dare to see another's point of view.
And when relationships demand commitment, Then I'll be there to care and follow through.

Your Kingdom come around and through and in me; Your power and glory, let them shine through me.
Your Hallowed Name, O may I bear with honor, And may Your living Kingdom come in me.
The Bread of Life, O may I share with honor, And may You feed a hungry world through me.

A portion of a daily prayer: Dear Father, take this day’s life into Thine own keeping. Control all my thoughts and feelings. Direct all my energies. Instruct my mind. Sustain my will. Take my hands and feet and make them swift to serve Thee and do Thy bidding. Take my eyes and keep them fixed upon Thine everlasting beauty. Take my mouth and make it eloquent in testimony to Thy love. Make this day a day of obedience, a day of spiritual joy and peace. Make this day’s work a little part of the work of Thy Kingdom even as it is on earth. In the powerful name of Jesus, Amen.

The Lord be with you, all around you, and on your right and left, and smile upon you

Paul Gage

No comments:

Post a Comment