Thursday, March 23, 2023

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD MARCH 23, 2023

 

From: Paul Gage
pauljg_64055@yahoo.com

LIVING IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD MARCH 23, 2023

Blessings and greetings to the Saints,

Are you living in God’s Kingdom, your own kingdom, or the Babylon kingdom?

If not sure, it may be time to take stock of ourselves, or as Paul says in I Corinthians 11:28 and II Corinthians 13:5 (...examine yourself…” It will be better if we examine ourselves and seek to set our lives in a more perfect order in Jesus Christ than to face the judgment of God. Of course, we will find ourselves at the Judgment Bar of God, but it will go better if we have made the effort to cleanse ourselves first.

Doctrine and Covenants 85:20 makes this much clearer. 20a Behold, I will hasten my work in its time; and I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; 20b yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean, 20c that I may testify unto your Father, and your God, and my God, that you are clean from the blood of this wicked generation, that I may fulfill this promise, this great and last promise which I have made unto you, when I will.

It certainly seems that God is “hastening His work,” as we are near the end of the third month of this year, and in light of DC 83:16 e, f; 16e Woe, I say again, unto that house, or that village, or city that rejecteth you, or your words, or your testimony of me; for I, the Almighty, have laid my hands upon the nations to scourge them for their wickedness;
16f and plagues shall go forth, and they shall not be taken from the earth until I have completed my work, which shall be cut short in righteousness,

How should we respond to God’s plan? By obedience! By choosing to act according to His will as revealed in reason, our conscience, and above all in His written Word, we ascribe to Him the glory due Him. We must jealously guard our affections, reserving the adoration that He deserves for Him alone. We must lovingly care for His creation, including the many fellow souls whom He brings across our paths.

Above all, we must avail ourselves of His gracious provision of mercy and forgiveness through the redemptive work of His Son, Jesus Christ. At that point, He performs another creative act, for “if any man live in Christ, he is a new creature [or creation]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

A couple of reminders: The Conference of Restoration Elders conference begins Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at Waldo Avenue RB/CPRS It goes from 7:30 am thru the evening service on Saturday, April 1, 2023. The Branches and Saints in the Center Place are encouraged to support the conference, especially Wednesday night.

Wouldn’t it be marvelous to have 1,000 plus in attendance?

Also, We are just two Sundays away from Palm Sunday, which will also be the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper. Preparation can be made by reading the last several chapters in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, as well as III Nephi.

God bless
Paul Gage




No comments:

Post a Comment