Friday, February 14, 2020

Francis Harper Message for 2/14/2020

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Francis Harper
wbfrmsup@iowatelecom.net


Francis Harper Message for 2/14/2020


Hunger For Truth

“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine for bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord; and they shall wander from sea to sea, from the North even to the East, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst” (Amos 8:11).

A young man came to one of the Greek Philosophers and asked how he could attain the great wisdom and knowledge the philosopher had attained? The man known for his great knowledge grabbed the youth and thrust his head under the water of a nearby fountain. After some struggling the young man was set free and was told: “Now, when your desire for truth is as great as your desire was for a breath of air, you will attain it.”

The Lord is pleased when we have a hunger for truth. The Lord God appeared to Solomon “in a dream by night, and said, Ask what I shall give thee” (1 Kings 3:5). Solomon answered: “Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad . . . And the speech pleased the Lord that Solomon had asked this thing. And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked for riches for thyself . . . but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment; . . . I have given thee a wise and understanding heart; so that there was none made king over Israel like unto thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee” (1 Kings 3:9-12).

Pilate asked: “What is truth? (John 18:38). Jesus declared: “To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Everyone that is of the truth heareth my voice” (John 18:37). Those who have a hunger for truth will heed the counsel of God to “Hear Him.” The words “Hear Him” were spoken at the baptism of Jesus (Matthew 3:46 IV). The same words were repeated on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matthew 17:5). And again, at the temple in the land Bountiful (3 Nephi 5:8). And, last of all they were spoken in the Sacred Grove near Palmyra, New York, in the early spring of 1820 (History of the Church, Vol 1. p 9). We need to hear and heed Him.



Moses recorded: “And the Lord said unto me . . . I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren [Israel] like unto thee [Moses], and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him” (Deuteronomy 18:17-19).

Jesus fulfilled these words written by Moses. Jesus said: “. . . as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things” (John 8:28). For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak” (John 12:49). Jesus also said: My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself” (John 7:16-17). “O taste and see that the Lord is good” (Psalm 34:8). As they say, “the proof is in the pudding.”

Jesus was praying for us when he prayed: “Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth” (John 17:17). In other words, as we abide in his truth we will be “sanctified and meet [prepared] for the Master’s use and prepared unto every good work” (2 Timothy 2:21). “Blessed are all they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 5:8).


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Ones,

A hunger for truth is indicative of good spiritual health. “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). If a person does not have an appetite for the Scriptures, or is not interested in hearing the word of God being taught or preached, that person well soon become spiritually malnourished which may eventually lead to spiritual death. “He that is of God receiveth God’s words . . . verily, verily, I say unto you, if a man keep my saying, he shall never see death” (John 8:47, 51). “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace” (Romans 8:6).

Those who are spiritually healthy will seek truth; love truth; embrace truth. Paul warned that those who “received not the love of the truth, would become victims of strong delusions and would believe lies! See 2 Thessalonians 2:10-11. We need to stand, having our “loins girt about with truth” (Ephesians 6:14). Those who know and embrace the truth will be protected from deception. “And whoso treasureth my word shall not be deceived” (Matthew 24:39 IV).

“What a wonderful treasure, gift without measure, we will travel together, my Scriptures and I.” (Moses Dawn. Brother Bakht Singh of India. T.E. Koshy. p 183).

Bakht Singh, India’s foremost evangelist and indigenous church planter of the 20th century, grew up as a bitter enemy of the gospel of Christ. After he had passed his intermediate examination he was given a beautiful Bible. He tore out the contents and kept the cover because it was leather. Bakht Singh’s ancestors were devout Hindus – Sikhs. During a summer trip to Canada he attended a Christian worship service which led to his eventual conversion. He asked for a Bible. He was given a small pocket size New Testament. That same night he read til 3 A.M., as he became engrossed in the word of God. He read continuously for three days and became fully convinced that no man could write such a book. He thought if it was God’s book, he must go through it with great reverence. He read the New Testament several times. After two weeks he was given a Bible.

“After receiving the Bible he went to his room and started with the book of Genesis. He finished reading the Bible in two months. He would read continuously for 14 hours. He gave up reading of magazines, newspapers and novels. The Lord Jesus Christ, whom he hated in ignorance had now become his best Friend. The Bible he had rejected and burned now became his favorite book” (Ibid. pp 83-86).

Ram Baral also a former Hindu, was told not to read The Book of Mormon. “They told me it is a cultic and heretic book. Finally I got a Book of Mormon. When I got it, it was corroborative to the Bible. I tried to find if there is any mistake from the Spirit and power of Holy Bible. I got nothing on negative correlation to the Holy Bible. It was all complementary and supplementary to the Bible. The more I read the more closer I got to grow in Christ. I read from cover to cover with a great appetite. It really gripped my heart to the fullness of the gospel taught by the Restoration. Every time I was reading, I was praying with trembling and fears. He was restoring my soul. My cup of the heart was running over. I was thriving in the Spirit and knowledge of God. I never decreased in my faith with the Lord Jesus Christ. Rather, I grew up stronger and stronger in the power and vigor of the Lord.” (Brother Ram’s testimony, in his own words).

Hopefully, the testimonies of these servants of God will whet our appetites for reading the Bible and The Book of Mormon; double witnesses of Jesus Christ and his everlasting gospel. As Jesus said: “. . . in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established” (Matthew 18:16). See also Genesis 41:32: “And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God . . .”.

“Let us feast upon the words of Christ; for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do” (2 Nephi 14:4).

My Love to All,

High Priest Francis Harper




No comments:

Post a Comment