Friday, February 12, 2021

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR GOD'S KINGDOM TO COME ON EARTH?

From: paul gage

pauljg_64055@yahoo.com


WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR GOD'S KINGDOM TO COME ON EARTH?

FEBRUARY 11, 2021

​​ 

Greetings Dear Saints Around the World,

 We trust God is blessing you as you continue your efforts to assist in the coming forth of His kingdom on Earth. God has given us many wonderful promises though-out each of the Three Standard Books of the Church. One of those is found in Matthew 28:18-19. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever  I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you  always, unto the end of the world. Amen."

 Another one is Doctrine and Covenants 81:3. I will let you look it up and read paragraph  a. Paragraph b says, "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

 For some time now, we have been talking about fasting, praying, studying, and living for the kingdom of God. How is that going for you? It is often difficult to stay motivated to do certain things. I have my alarm set for 6:00am, but sometimes I turn down the volume so it does not wake me up. There is nothing wrong with that since, it is a part of my plan for my day, but it throws me behind in doing the things I need and want to do for the Kingdom. We need proper motivation to stay on track. So what can be proper motivation for fasting, praying, studying and living for the Kingdom of God?

 There is an interesting scripture in Acts 13:1-3. Verse two says, "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted...." Have you ever thought about "ministering to the Lord?" It is an interesting concept, but when you think about it, don't you think that when we obey God's commandments, we minister to him by our obedience and diligence?

 What  motivation to do His will! We can minister to the Lord! Don't parents get satisfaction, appreciation, etc. when their children do what they have asked them, and just the opposite when they do not obey?

 Rather than looking at things like the spiritual disciplines as drudgery, ho-hum activities, picture the Lord smiling over you as you do the things He tells us to do. His arms are always open wide.

 Don't let the virus, political situations, world economy, wiles of the adversary, weather conditions, sickness, death or whatever block your path to the Kingdom. In the Sixty Days of Focus on Jesus, the theme hymn has been:

"Keep Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Look full in His wonderful face

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim

In the light of His glory and Grace."

 

God be with you

Paul Gage



No comments:

Post a Comment