Friday, April 16, 2021

Neighborhood Clean Up Day Reminder and Important Information

From: Muriel Luedeman



Neighborhood Clean Up Day Reminder and Important Information
 
Hello, Unity Center and Initiative Friends,

Saturday, April 17, Neighborhood Clean Up Day: 8:00am - 10:00am, Meet on location at The Mansion House, 2121 S. Sterling Avenue parking lot. We will be helping Paula Swayne, get her yard shaped up. Bring rakes, shovels, brooms, dust pans, loppers, trimmers, weed whackers, leaf blowers. A truck and trailer will help for hauling brush. Dress for chilly weather. Wear Gloves. 

April 27: Monthly IIAW meeting: 6:30pm, Church location to be announced.   

Pray for Independence. Kansas City has rented hotel rooms in Independence to house their homeless population for up to 90 days. This was done without notifying Independence city officials. This will impact our community. We currently have 48+ homeless camps in Independence. The Beloveds, no matter who, are a top priority of the Independence Is Alive and Well Initiative.  

Last week, before the news came out about this matter, as I was having my breakfast, my mind was strangely focused on my dining table and chairs. I saw myself pulling up two extra chairs that go with the table from two other places in the house. One I pulled up for my Savior, the other was for other visitors who might sit with us for a meal. It felt right and good, Spirit led to do this. I was given a word from the Holy Spirit. "I want you to make more room at your table. I want you to think of all Independence as your family, not just those of your personal household. I want you to consider even the stranger who passes through. for this is what I required of My people in ancient times. You are to grow your ability to show empathy and kindness.

I felt this word was not for me alone; it's God's assurance for all of His people, to stretch our hearts, so that we might feel able to meet the needs in the days ahead. The Independence Is Alive and Well Initiative is in its third year of development. We have many testimonies and many services and activities in place and we are gaining favor with many individuals, groups, and businesses, and we continue to grow, even in the midst of COVID. 

The influx of Beloveds into our community is unexpected, as COVID was, and yet we are adapting and growing. The greatest and best thing about our city is her people. We BELIEVE Our God, for He has greatly blessed us through all, and He is able to do more than we can imagine. We do BELIEVE Him and take Him at His word to sustain us, strengthen us, and bring us victoriously through every challenge and trial. There is no circumstance so big that He is not bigger and stronger, and smarter, wiser, diligent and faithful. He is the mover of mountains! He relishes hard things; He laughs at the impossible. There is nothing too hard for Him, and He is the one who sits inside us to bless, prepare and help us every step of our work. This is the time for creative problem solving, ganging up on the obstacles in our path. It isn't because WE are so mighty. It is because we serve a mighty GOD. He says bring them in, bring in the Beloveds. You can take care of all needs, one step, one person, one family at a time in this city. Follow my leading in this and you will conquer. It's all about stretching out love for God, and especially our love for each other. We are better, stronger together than we are alone. LOVE never fails and will prevail.

I agree! We CAN do this. We ARE doing it! Be encouraged, for our God is with us. Prayer is so powerful! As I lift you all up in prayer every morning, I encourage you to LIFT up your city in prayer every day. This is our Fathers's heart's desire, and He WILL hear and bless every effort made in His blessed causes. To God be the glory! 

Muriel Luedeman
816-726-8425


No comments:

Post a Comment