Thursday, April 8, 2021

Women Helping Their Hometown

From: Muriel Luedeman



Women Helping Their Hometown

Dear Saints,

While on a trip to Branson last month, Bruce and I stopped in Springfield at Eden Village, a 30 unit tiny house community for chronically homeless people. A wonderful project! It is being replicated in Branson by a group called ELEVATE Branson. Their housing project will use the same builder and unity model, and will take in those who are in extended stay hotels, the next step away from being homeless. We toured the facility for ELEVATE Branson and I came away with the desire to be an intern there to learn more about how they operate, and also send our young people and others down to experience ELEVATE as I volunteer first hand.  The name ELEVATE Branson is captivating to me. As I thought about Independence, I wanted a word like ELEVATE, yet different. What came to me was the word LIFT Independence, and then an acronym came L.I.F.T.  Love, Inspire, Foster, Train/Teach, or Transform Independence. What to do with a great name like that? I got really pumped up about it, and it hasn't gone away.

I believe the Holy Spirit wants to establish a women's alliance under the title, L.I.F.T. Independence Campaign. A few women I have shared this idea with, are excited to meet and discuss what we could do as an alliance of women's groups. We would hold conference style resource shows to let women experience what we all as women can do to help elevate or lift our community. Part of the effort would have a spiritual element, but the things presented would be very practical ways women are bettering their hometown. Would you be interested in this preliminary discussion? Would you want to be one of the presenters? Would you be interested in attending a conference-resource show to meet other women who want to be actively engaged in useful essential work, like yourself?

Women have many wonderful ideas and passions about serving the Lord. What I want for them is to be encouraged to develop those ideas, and build the confidence and boldness to go out and make their dreams happen. I want LIFT to be like the IIAW Initiative, a group of people who encourage others to dream, set goals, and help them accomplish them by offering networking, available resources, and moral/spiritual support. 

If this is something you would like to know more about, or be involved in, email me at:
or 816-726-8425

Muriel Luedeman



No comments:

Post a Comment