Friday, April 15, 2022

Restoration Summit Confusion

 From: Muriel Luedeman



Restoration Summit Confusion

Dennis Cato wanted to have a Summit of Restoration Branches to share what the IIAW is doing and recruit more support. I called it an Independence Restoration Summit and invited the mayor, city council and all civic groups to attend.

I didn't realize there was a group who has held a Restoration Summit for a number of years and is having theirs the same day as ours.

I received a cease and desist order from Victoria Ramirez yesterday. 

This happened unintentionally, completely by accident. Dennis wanted to get together as soon as possible and the 23rd was the only day that worked for Bob Dickson and Living Hope.  Our goals and purposes are different from the other group. I am drafting a notice today to help clear up the confusion. 

Our gathering will be April 23rd at Living Hope Church, 1 to 3pm.

I don't know where and when the other summit will meet. This was bound to happen. So many groups trying to meet these days.

Muriel 

P.S.  I just read their link. It will be 2 days, April 23rd and 24th. 9:30am at the American Heritage Center. 

We will keep our event also as it is. I will rename ours. I responded to Victoria offering my apologies. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++

A notice was posted on the homepage to clarify
Sincerely
Victoria Ramirez
Event Coordinator
816-582-4317

No comments:

Post a Comment