Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Australian Newsletter - October 2023

 Australian Newsletter - October 2023


AROUND AND ABOUT THE CENTRE PLACE


By High Priest Paul J. Gage, of Independence, Missouri
Spring and Fall greetings to the lovely Saints in Australia. You are springing into Spring, and we are falling into Fall. Both seasons of the year, as summer and winter, provide the magnificent beauty and glory of God's creation. Many people in the USA will take annual trips and travel many miles to see the splendor of God's handiwork as the leaves change color. Everything God has done, is doing, and will do is beyond our human comprehension and therefore we lack, to some extent, the ability to truly appreciate God's love.

As the seasons come and go, people make various preparations for each season. Each day of our lives is a new season, so what do we do to prepare for each day and of course, our life? The Conference of Restoration Elders sponsored an annual priesthood experience in Kirtland, Ohio on September 22-24, 2023. Current registration is about 200 with over sixty branches represented, so far. More information will be discussed in the AAATCP next month.

Sanctification, a topic discussed quite often, seems to be an aspect of the gospel that we like to hear about, but don't want to take the action necessary for us to become. Sanctification and sacrifice go together, hand in hand. To sanctify our lives, we must sacrifice those things that keep us from being sanctified. A scripture to consider is Doctrine and Covenants 85:16-21. This scripture is worthy of an in depth study and application by each one who has made a covenant with the Lord.

Entering God's Kingdom is not an automatic thing that just happens. No one will simply walk into God's Kingdom with no effort to make sure they have on the "wedding garment". This is referenced in Matthew 22:1-14. DC 85 :16-25 is filled with a great amount of instruction that is given for us to prepare ourselves. Be sure to read verse 20 a and b. In verse b we are told several things that we must do on our own, and yet the major part of the cleansing of our lives is done by the Lord, after we do what we are instructed to do Also see DC 81:3.

There is always an abundance of events. activities, services, etc going on in the Centre Place. One event, of note, took place on Sunday, September 10, 2023, at the Waldo Avenue RB/Centre Place Restoration School. (CPRS) It was a Rededication service acknowledging God’s work throughout the school. CPRS. The service was held to dedicate the school again as all the remodeling has been completed. The first dedication service was held in 1992, 31 years ago. The kindergarten class, with teacher Mary Postletwait, sang a song about being a Zion builder. At the end of the song, they all pointed to the congregation with the statement, “You can be a Zion Builder, too!”

Several Restoration Branches continue to meet in: combined services on the first Sunday and third Wednesday of each month. Branches have included Atherton, Hill Cumorah, Living Hope, Missionary, Outreach, and Waldo Avenue.

The CRE missionary groups continue to be active. Recent missions have been made to Germany and Kenya. As you all know, Brother Andrew King and family are in Australia and should be there through September.

Patriarch Mike Ballantyne has received several messages from God since the 2022 Kirtland experience. The following one is for your consideration and response as led by the Holy Spirit.

February 7, 2023

Listen, My lovely saints, to the voice of your Heavenly Father. One who loves you unconditionally. No matter what you have done, no matter what mistakes you've made, no matter how many times you have forsaken your covenant with Me, I still love you with a love that transcends time and understanding.

I held you in My arms before you were born. I looked upon you knowing that you would someday turn away from Me. I knew that you would forget that which I had spoken to you. I knew there would be times when you would deny Me by following your own desires and placing yourselves upon the throne of your own will. Even Peter, when I stood before Caiaphas, denied Me three times when I was in need of his love and support. Yet, My love did not waver for him and it does not waver for you.

I will continue to bestow upon you countless blessings. I will never forget you for you are engraven upon the palms of My hands. I paid for each one of you with My blood and I seek you continually when you begin to stray from My presence. So it is, in the great love that I bear you, I again give you counsel. Receive now My Spirit and turn not away from all that I have prepared for you.

Long before the earth was created, you were with Me in the heavenly realm. I created you spiritually before I placed you in your mother's womb. I chose you to live in these last days for I had given you talents and gifts that would assist My work in building the Kingdom.

Many are returning to Me in the face of growing concern over that which is to come. I weep for those who see not and hear not the words of warning, but I continue to call them for My love never ceases and it fades not with time.

You have been promised a city that has not been on the earth since Enoch's day. I watched his society dwindle in unbelief and rebel against My laws and commandments. Many were lost but some made their way to the Tree of Life and partook freely of the fruit that I had prepared.

The world has now entered the final days of the journey, some pressing onward in spite of severe trials. Scoffers hold great persuasion as they mock from their high towers. Many are lost in the surrounding darkness, and some disappear in the filthy waters of the great river which flows beside the Rod of Iron.

To those holding fast, I promise blessings without measure. I offer eternal joy living among heavenly beings and among saints who have chosen Me since the beginning of time.

Come closer, My people, and partake of My bounty, reaping the benefits of sacrificial living. So many flounder in a sea of iniquity, not realizing the terrible price of existing without their Creator throughout eternity. So do not be idle at your station but seek to bring others to My feet so that I might lift them up and show them My glory.

I declare this day, with great concern, that great and terrible event will soon unfold before you. Would you not warn your own children of impending disaster? Again, I plead to all who have not yet made a covenant with Me, that they will serve Me even though their lives may be threatened.

How pleasant is this day with warmer temperatures as the sun peeks through the clouds touching the earth with its rays of promise. But soon, events foretold will sweep down upon this nation as a blast from a fiery furnace. Many will be consumed as they sit by, enjoying the flesh pots of Egypt, unaware that the angel of death is now hovering over this land, awaiting command to bring down judgment as the plagues swept through Egypt, even taking the firstborn of each heathen household. This moment of apparent solidarity is only a deception shrouding the reality that brother will take up sword against brother, and people will be betrayed by their own family and friends. So, heed this plea, for I cannot easily lose those who once adored Me in spirit, long before they entered earth's domain.

Come unto Me, My people. I yearn for you to find refuge in My mercy as you enter the days of severe provocation such as existed on the earth before the flood swept them all away. Come, come! Take hold of My hand and I will lead you through the waters of disturbance as I led Israel through the Red Sea. Come, be a part of My redemption. I offer it freely and you will be ready to face adversity knowing that My angels will stand beside you. I alone will guide you safely back to the purpose of your creation.

This is your Savior, even Jesus, the Great I AM. The day comes swiftly when My voice will seem silent as waves of troublesome waters cover this land and humanistic comforts will fade away in the deluge that is pending.

So, once more I have spoken and once more I offer all that you will need, if you heed My Father's counsel and look not unto your own will and wisdom. So be it. Amen

Our prayer for the Saints in Australia and the world is that God will continue to open those doors of ministry to each of us as we work toward sanctifying our lives for His Divine purposes.

RICHES FROM THE SCRIPTURES
By Elder Neil Kerswell, of Queensland, Australia

Vol 5 Chapter 31 Honour Your Parents
Recently My Father was put in an aged care home close to where Mum still lives. It has not been pleasant as he has lost all that he knew and loved in his life. 1. He has lived with my Mother and loved her all his married life, now he can only receive visits. 2. He can no longer choose to do whatever, whenever he wants, but rather has set schedules, all for his wellbeing but nevertheless it is a great loss of freedom. 3. He can no longer chose to eat whatever he wants as the meals (very good from what I have seen) are made for everyone to include a balanced intake for the best health, across all residents. 4. Privacy was something my Dad and Mum enjoyed throughout their lives together and now my Father has very little privacy.

I could keep on listing, however I think all of you reading understand where I am coming from. With my Dad’s condition of health and age related afflictions. Palliative Care has worked with my Mum and my Sisters to arrange a speedy transition from care at home to moving into the aged care home. A friend of mine since High School Eric called me on my mobile phone yesterday and said we need to be able to put ourselves in my Father’s shoes.


He went through the same 10 years ago, his Father would wander off at night and fall in ditches and be stuck there, until the whole family went looking over the neighborhood to find where he had gone too. His Dad also wanted to continue driving long after he should have stopped and one day came very close to almost killing both of them while driving, thankfully his father put away the keys and never drove again. Eric said when he would visit his Dad he would think why is he angry, why does he hate it here, the place is beautiful, great food, and beautiful gardens to look at and the staff take fantastic care of him. Apparently it was only recently as Eric’s joints are starting to fail him (his father made him work like a slave not only on their farm but would lend him out to neighbor's farms to do work in the dark before going to school that morning) that Eric said sometimes he doesn’t even feel like a man when he can’t do the most simple of tasks because his body at times fails him. This has all caused him to rethink what happened to his Dad before he passed away and to more fully understand everything his Dad complained about in the aged care home. Eric wasn’t saying his Dad didn’t belong there, just that he understands why it affected him the way it did. Eric said his Mum like mine had brittle bones and was constantly at risk of being injured in a way that could take her life before his Dad, and that his Dad’s care had become far too much for his Mum to cope with. He told me that like my Mum his mother’s health improved incredibly once his Dad was moved because she never got sleep at night because his Dad became aggressive at night but slept most of the day while his Mum kept house and cared for his needs. Everything Eric said rang true as being very similar to what has
happened to my mother. Eric told me he loved my Mum and Dad and that they were the first adults that spoke to him as an adult while at the same time knowing he didn’t have a clue about life at his age.

He said they moulded his life into desiring to be a good man, and that he will always remember the sacrifice my parents made to help all the young people in our country neighborhood to have the opportunity of good clean fun.

I would like to share some scripture:

Exodus 20:12 Honor thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
Deuteronomy 5:16 Honor thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

God places a lot of importance upon honoring our parents and the blessings that follow if we do. We all fail at times to keep this commandment. Through all that has happened in recent times, I have never had it in the forefront of my mind as much as when I was included in making input into the difficult decisions that have faced my Mum and Dad. May God help us to make righteous decisions. May we be only thinking upon their needs and not our own. May we be capable of true Empathy is my prayer for anyone facing these times in their lives and all those who are yet to face them.

In Christ’s name Amen.

~ Christ Raises Lazarus Continued ~

By Elder Murray Broughton, Kelvin View Branch, Euroa,
Victoria

John 11:1-6

1 Now a certain man was sick, whose name was Lazarus, of the town of Bethany; 2 And Mary, his sister, who anointed the Lord with ointment and wiped his feet with her hair, lived with her sister Martha, in whose house her brother Lazarus was sick. 3 Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.

4 And when Jesus heard he was sick, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. 5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus. 6 And Jesus tarried two days, after he heard that Lazarus
was sick, in the same place where he was.

John 11:11-14

11 These things said he; and after that he saith unto them,
Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death; but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

John 11:17-29

17 And when Jesus came to Bethany, to Martha's house, Lazarus had already been in the grave four days.

18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off. 19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother. 20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming,
went and met him; but Mary sat still in the house. 21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. 23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise
again. 24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
Believest thou this? 27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord; I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world. 28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee. 29 As soon as Mary heard that Jesus was come, she arose quickly, and came unto him.

John 11:32-45

32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, 34 And said, Where have ye laid him, They say unto him, Lord, come and see. 35 Jesus wept.

36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! 37 And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the
eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died? 38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. 39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh; for he hath been dead four days. 40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. 42 And I knew that thou hearest me always; but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. 43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with grave- clothes; and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them. Loose him, and let him go. 45 Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.

The Scattered Saints ~ God’s Song
Wishing to encourage her young son's progress on the piano, a mother took her boy to a Paderewski concert. After they were seated, the mother spotted a friend in the audience and walked down the aisle to greet her. Seizing the opportunity to explore the wonders of the concert hall, the little boy rose and eventually explored his way through a door marked "NO ADMITTANCE."

When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about
to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered
that the child was missing.

Suddenly, the curtains parted, and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy was sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance,
quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy';s ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing."

Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon, his right arm reached around to the other side of the child, and he added a running obligato. Together, the old master and the young novice transformed a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience. The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played - only the classic "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

That's the way it is with God. What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't exactly graceful flowing music. However, with the hand of the Master, our life's work truly can be beautiful. Next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You can hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing."

Feel His loving arms around you. Know that His strong hands are there helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces. God doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called, and He'll always be there to love and guide you on to great things.

Birthdays

Gina Krieg 30th

Prayer List

Ruth Mackrell, Kimberly Isle, Cecilia Cash, Dawn Mackrell, Menchie Baugan, Rey Maranan, Mario Narino, Ernesto Narino, Daphne Schubert and family, Catherine Melling and family on the loss of their partners. Gwen Whately, Alma and Janice Kerswell, Michael and Patty Fulton, Gary Rowlatt, Ellen Sheppard, Olive Melling, Ron and Janice Mitchell.

If you are interested in taking over the Editorial role, please contact
the Editor.

INFORMATION TO THE EDITOR

We welcome contributions to the Australian Restoration Newsletter and will endeavour to include all articles received. Contributions to the Australian Restoration News should be submitted by the 20th of each month and can be sent to Email Address: mlhummel1@bigpond.com Postal Address: 39 Johnson Parade, Ormeau Hills Qld 4208 or by calling or text messaging
Mobile Number: 0428 298 466. Editor ~ Monique Hummel

Sunday 1st 9:45am MORNING CLASS

10:00am PREACHING SERVICE

11:10am SACRAMENT SERVICE

Monday 2nd 7:00pm PRIESTHOOD MEETING
Wednesday 4th 7:00pm PRAYER MEETING
Sunday 8th 9:45am MORNING CLASS

10:00am PREACHING SERVICE

11:10am CLASS
Wednesday 11th 7:00pm PRAYER SERVICE
Sunday 15th 9:45am MORNING CLASS

10:00am PRACHING SERVICE

11:10am CLASS
Monday 16th 7:00pm PRIESTHOOD MEETING
Wednesday 18th 7:00pm PRAYER MEETING
Sunday 22nd 9:45am MORNING CLASS

10:00am PREACHING SERVICE

11:10am CLASS
Wednesday 25th 7:00pm PRAYER MEETING

Sunday 29th 9:45am MORNING CLASS

10:00am PREACHING SERVICE



No comments:

Post a Comment