Thursday, March 4, 2021

Gathering / Solemn Assembly March 27

From:  James Hobbs



Gathering / Solemn Assembly March 27

Dear Restoration Saints 

I wash to inform you that Waldo is inviting all Restoration saints to gather for an all saints Gathering or Solemn Assembly, Saturday, March 27, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (ending time 2:00 PM optional).  Looking at the world's condition we feel the purpose of the gathering would be to pray that the Lord would change our hearts so that ZION can come.  Instead of meeting in one large group at Waldo we are suggesting everyone meet in their individual congregations but meet at the same time and day.  Because of some concern for the Covid 19 some would be more comfortable in a smaller groups and I believe the Lord will look at our reason for gathering not necessarily our numbers in one location. Waldo will still be available for those who would like to meet in a larger gathering and the service will be live streamed for those who are unable to attend .  We shared this with the Pastors of Zion at their last meeting.  All present accepted the idea and Dayn sent an e-mail to inform the rest of the pastors.  

At the Summer Series of June 22, 2008 I listened to Mike Sanders call us to repentance.  Monday while I was mowing my yard I asked the Lord if He would give us something positive that we could do to get out from under the curse that was upon the Restoration.  The Lord began to reveal some things to my mind.  I came in and wrote down the message He gave me. I shared this message with Waldo on July 13, 2008.  I will share with you one paragraph of that message.  “I (Jesus) poured out My heart in prayer for My disciples because they perceived not the great work I had for them.  And I promised them another comforter to help them accomplish My work.  You too perceive not the great work I have for you to do.  And now I offer to you the same comforter I gave to My disciples if you will gather together as one, as My disciples did in the upper room.  They were of one heart and mind in desiring My comforter.  So you must come together in prayer and supplication as one, with one purpose, that is to receive My Spirit.”  

We the priesthood of Waldo invite you to gather with us and ask the Lord to change our hearts so that we might be worthy of being  empower us as described in 1 Nephi 3:230

Thanks Jim Hobbs
Presiding Elder of Waldo

 


No comments:

Post a Comment