Tuesday, March 9, 2021

March 28th Gathering at Waldo

From: Muriel L



Correction March 27th Gathering at Waldo

Dear, Restoration Family,

Muriel Luedeman here.

I plan to attend the gathering at 10:00am at Waldo March 27th. The invitation carries the voice of the Holy Spirit like a trumpet! There is so much we can do, which will come from our drawing apart and asking the Lord not only to change our hearts, but to show us individually and collectively what our part in building the Kingdom and Zion is. 

In 1987, that was my prayer. I told God that I wanted to know Him, to love Him and to be led by His Spirit, and I wanted to know what he would have me do in Zion. I decided if I was to know Zion I should study the Doctrine and Covenants. I learned a lot about my Savior and the Holy Spirit, and that my understanding about Zion was different than the Lord's. Ever since that day, September 11, 1987, I have felt as if I was living in Zion, Zion in progress, being built up right in front of me. The Spirit made me realize that Zion and the Kingdom WAS right in front of me the whole time and I hadn't seen it. He said further, whatever I did that was worthy of the Kingdom was/is foundational, would last and continue in Zion. And all that was not worthy of Zion would melt or fade away, because it had no value. I had a hard time convincing anyone of that truth of Zion here and now until just the last few years and months. Jesus told the Pharisees in Luke 17:20, that "the Kingdom of God cometh without observation". 

On the Hope of Zion Facebook page, I read a question last week, "What can we do this year that will make us feel differently about Zion, than the past years?" Excellent question. I hold it out to myself and all who want to be better and see a measurable difference in this city by this time next year. I have seen many excellent changes in the last two years since LDS President Dennis Cato gathered churches together to improve the quality of life in Independence, to work to love God and love our neighbors, starting with the lowest and least among us. We have come a long way but have only scratched the surface of meeting the needs of our community. We have declared on billboards and yard signs that "This City Is The City Of Our God" and "This City Stands For One Nation Under God". We are on the verge of a great movement of God in his Saints, His Sons and Daughters, inside and outside of the Restoration. Zion is here and hard at meaningful work, everlasting work that is worthy of Zion. God is truly on the move. Zion's coming is like the beautiful morning sunrise I see every morning, gradually lighting up the sky. 

Brother Jim Hobbs is asking that we come and pray that hearts be changed so that Zion can be. Definitely more of the faithful need to be on board for us to see a bigger difference. Truly our hearts need to change more. We need to ask God what our future part to play is for the Kingdom individually and collectively. Open our eyes to see the shabby streets full of litter, of our many homeless Beloveds, fending for themselves on the streets, our families that don't have enough food in the house to feed their children, and young girls and boys that are being sucked into sex trafficking. What an opportunity we have to serve right outside our front and back door. Our eyes need to open to see the Kingdom for the good that she is right here and now and we will have great reason to rejoice. God is on the move in marvelous ways. We are a different and better city than we were 2 years ago. We are kinder, and will become more and more kind as we follow on to know the Lord.

I thank Jim Hobbs for his steadfast faithfulness and for this invitation. May we all be encouraged! We stand on God's promise that Zion will NOT be moved out of her place and we were all created, ordained, and prepared for this very momentous, wonderful time of Zion's fulfillment. We have everything we need to do this work of the Lord, "not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord". I look forward to the service at Waldo March 27th. I do believe God is pleased that we want to gather and to have His righteousness poured out upon us which will change our hearts toward Him and Home.

Muriel Luedeman




No comments:

Post a Comment