Tuesday, March 16, 2021

​​Pakistan​ Mission​

 

From: Bob Moore


​​Pakistan​ Mission​

Dear Saints
​​
I am updating you on the situation of the church in Pakistan.  We have been renting the building where the Islamabad branch meets for worship from a Muslim landlord.  Many Muslims are friendly toward Christians, but because of the anti-Christian attitude of many others, the Pakistani government proves more difficult.

The difficulty is display in the red tape to send money into Pakistan.  Meanwhile, the CCP virus has devastated the nation’s economy much like it has our own.  The landlord approached our church and offered to sell the building that we use.  It is a good deal, but we are limited in what funds are available.

We agreed to rent the building on a lease option agreement for 5 year’s rent paid now and the balance for the building, which is approximately $114,000 within 2 years.  It took some time and prayers, but we were successful in sending about $23,000 to the landlord.  The money was paid on Monday and secures a place of worship for the Islamabad branch until August 31, 2026.  If we can pay about $114,000 in 2 years, the branch will own the building.

The Islamabad Branch has over 300 members with more than that number meeting for worship on Sundays.  We have 8 other branches in Pakistan and over 3000 members.  Our missionary travels to visit the branches and teach the gospel to non-members.  He is also opening up new areas.  We have also translated and printed 2000 copies of the Book of Mormon in Urdu for use in that country.

Recently, our missionary was attacked, beaten, and left for dead after leaving a Muslim home where he was teaching the gospel.  He spend the last 45 days recuperating and hiding, since the group that attacked him was trying to find and kill him and his family.  That hunt seems to be over and our missionary is well.  He is returning to the missionary field.

He explained how he has arranged for transparency regarding all funds sent to Pakistan and concluded his email about making payment for the building with this commitment: "I will tell you more about the account. Meanwhile the payment was delayed, it gave me time and idea. I have added one more signatory to account. One of the church member who was also a signatory on previous account. We can independently sign the cheque for withdrawal of funds. I did it so the branch also is aware and there is transparency of the funds specially to the people who were concerned. It saves me time and effort to explain to them, that I'm not making any extra money and not stealing, also that they know the exact amount which was transferred and received. It is better to have another witness. 

Tomorrow I will resume my preaching. There are many Muslim people who are concerned about me and trying to reach me. I have conveyed them a message, that I will probably start visiting them in a month or two. Meanwhile I am trying to make a structure where I can effectively teach them without getting myself in trouble. 

Please keep my family and me in your prayers.​​

I hope to bring our missionary to Sri Lanka in August when I go there to train the church leaders in Sri Lanka, where we have about 950 members in 9 branches.  It will be the first time that I will be able to see him in person since I baptized and ordained our Pakistani missionary over 4 years ago.

If you or any that you know would like to contribute to the work in Pakistan by contributing to the purchase  of the Islamabad church building, please make a contribution.  That branch sustains the work in Pakistan, helping other poorer branches rent their facilities, and organizing relieve and other humanitarian efforts to fellow saints.  this was particularly helpful during the lockdowns when many ran out of food. 

For information on how to make your contribution, please contact me directly at bobmoore1946@icloud.com

Bob Moore



No comments:

Post a Comment