Thursday, November 11, 2021

FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD NOVEMBER 11, 2021

 From: Paul Gage



FASTING, PRAYING, STUDYING AND LIVING FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD 
NOVEMBER 11, 2021

Blessings to all the Saints Around the World,

We trust that God is blessing each of you in your efforts to serve Him and do His will. That is our calling, to do His will and not our own. Whatever we do each day, in regards to improving our service to the Lord, helps draw us closer to His Kingdom. It is very obvious that the world seems to be on a collision course with God, but we know His cause will be victorious and the enemy will be defeated.

The scriptures tell us, however, that we must hold fast to the Rod of Iron and put on His whole armor. I recently heard a minister carefully go over the Ephesians 6:10-18 scripture, but he failed to mention the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. All of the armor mentioned is defensive, except the helmet and the sword. They are offensive weapons. Also, note that this armor is spiritual armor and the battle belongs to the Lord, but He expects us to be ready and stand beside Him. No soldier would go into an expected battle without having on the full or whole armor.

Fasting, prayer, and study all help us to be prepared for the battles of each day. To go forth each day and live for the Kingdom of God. Not for ourselves alone, but for the souls of all we come into contact with, even if they are not appreciative of what we might be trying to accomplish.

The following is part of a prayer written by John Baillie. "O Omnipresent One, beneath whose all-seeing eye our mortal lives are passed, grant that in all my deeds and purposes each day I may behave with true courtesy and honor. Let me just and true in all my dealings. Let no mean or low thought have a moment's place in my mind. Let my motives be transparent to all. Let my word be my bond. Let me take no unchivalrous advantage of anybody. Let me be generous in my judgment of others. Let me be disinterested in my opinions. Let me be loyal to my friends and magnanimous to my opponents. Let me face adversity with courage. Let me not ask or expect too much for myself. Let that mind be in me that is in Christ Jesus and let me not rest till I come to the stature of His own fullness. Let me listen to Christ's question: "What do ye more than others?" Matthew 5:49 IV. Let His life be formed within me, until all my walk and conversation be such as becometh the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In His precious name. Amen.


God bless and keep you

Paul Gage


PS: Aaron Smith class on "The Grand Conclusion," 9 am-Noon at Waldo Avenue RB Saturday, November 13, 2021. It will be live streamed on the Waldo web site.

https://livestream.com/waldoavenue



No comments:

Post a Comment